• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Childress for Nelson??

DrReality

ReagGM posted an article that mentioned trading Josh C for Jameer Neson, an interesting idea in and of itself. However, I also saw the following post:

According to the Orlando Sentinel, DeShawn Stevenson hurt his knee in practice on Monday and he will need surgery at some point.

(Updated 11/22/2005

If this is true, they will be in the market for a SG and may be willing to deal. Nelson would definately be an upgrade for the Hawks.

• Premium Member

I really don't think that Orlando has any plans to get rid of Nelson...

I think they are actively trying to move Francis...

Moreover, it would cost us Al/Chillz to get Francis. Again, I don't think Francis is worth all that.

However, if it were Al/Chillz for Francis/1st rounder (unprotected)... Now, you got my attention.

The problem is that Orlando has less need for Al than we have for another Sf. They still have Hill, Turk, and Garrity under contract.

Quote:

I really don't think that Orlando has any plans to get rid of Nelson...

I think they are actively trying to move Francis...

Moreover, it would cost us Al/Chillz to get Francis. Again, I don't think Francis is worth all that.

However, if it were Al/Chillz for Francis/1st rounder (unprotected)... Now, you got my attention.

The problem is that Orlando has less need for Al than we have for another Sf. They still have Hill, Turk, and Garrity under contract.

I look at Francis as one of those players who is talented, but won't really win you anything. I would MUCH rather try to get Jemeer Nelson here. Even though he is about 5'9".