• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It might sound crazy, but this is what the offsea

Diesel

• Premium Member

son should be...

In the offseason, we should use a significant amount of our capspace and our look to trade for:

JASON KIDD.....

Right now, we have pieces and parts of a team, but we don't have continuity or experience on the offensive end.

NJ has not built a winner and every year they have problems with Kidd.

Welp, in the offseason (July 1st), I suggest we trade:

Marvin & Lue for Jason Kidd.

Then we resign Al using Bird Rights.

We draft Rondo.

We also sign Randolph Morris.

Our team would be:

JKidd/Rondo/

JJ/Salim

Al/JChill

Smoove/Batista

Zaza/John Edwards/Randolph M.

What we have is a team with players who can actually perform. As Kidd plays his next 2 yrs in a Hawks Jersey, Rondo is in the wings.

What about NJ.

Welp, NJ gets out of Kidds Huge Contract.

NJ Still has:

Vince/RJ..

However, they can play:

Plannic, Vince, RJ, Marvin, Kristic...

They would have about 20 million that they could use on the FA market to get whatever they need...

• Premium Member

I think when you consider Kidd's age and Salary, NJ will be looking to unload him soon. IF Marvin is the POTENTIAL STAR some has made him out to be then surely NJ stands to gain a lot for their aging star.

They get Marvin.

They get about 20 Million in cap.

They get a solid BU PG...

You might be saying that they can offer JKidd to anybody and get a much better deal. My response is WHO?

Who else will take the aging Kidd and give them back young potential..

For us, it's elementary... We need to put the pieces together. Kidd has been doing that for most of his career. He can mature our young players... He brings a library of information...

I know by reading some of your post that Marvin is not one of your favorite players...he seems to be in all of your trade proposals. I would love to have Kidd but after 12 games I do not want to give up on our 19 yr old with one year of college ball behind him. He may be all hype; but if not, we will have given him up for an aging pg with bad knees and only two years in Atlanta. No deal

• Premium Member

Actually, it's not about my dislike of Marvin.. In fact, it shows that I recognize the value of Marvin...

This is about addressing our main problem. NO ONCOURT Leadership and Lack of direction from the PG position.

Believe it or not, Kidd is still a Superstar. My guess is that NJ would trade their aging superstar for an up and coming superstar...

Put yourself in NJ's shoes for a Second B&D. If somebody wanted to trade for your SUPERSTAR, who would you want in return? Al, Chillz, Smoove, or Marvin...

I think JKidd can do for JSmoove the same thing he did for KMart.

I think JKidd can do for Al the same thing he did for RJ.

I think JKidd can make JJ into a bonafide star at the SG position..

and last but not least, I think JKidd would have an awesome impact on Rondo!

You don't make a team with a rookie PG... That won't work.

Even JKidd had to learn behind Derrick Harper...

If I was in NJ shoes and wanted to trade Kidd I would go after Al. Looking over the roster, the most pressing need is in the power forward position. Getting Marvin would not help them now and set them back a few years. The team is not built to take on a project right now so I would have to get someone who can help us win now. They need help in the low post which they missed since KMart left.

I agree Kidd is still considered a superstar. My biggest problem with a trade for Marvin is Kidd is under contract for only two more years. With JJ contract, and what it would take to re-sign our FA in a few years, Kidd would go elsewhere. We will be giving up someone who might be the face of our organization for years to come in Marvin.

i'm not giving up our future for 2 years of kidd, even if he is the best pg in the league

i want us to have a 5-10+ year period where we are contenders, like sa has done...i don't wanna make playoffs just to get out in 2nd round the next 2 years with kidd, as our young players aren't good enough yet to make the finals, even with kidd...

if our young players were in their prime and kidd would put us over the top for 2 rings, then maybe...but not at this stage in their development; we won't go anywhere

i'd do al/lue, but i don't wanna trade marvin/smoove/chill/slim/zaza unless we are getting back a dwight howard or lebron james

If the Hawks had to take on Kidd's contract, JJ's contract, and Al's extension, I don't see them having enough money to do that and then even field the team w/ who they've currently got under contract and league minimum players. I'm not a #'s cruncher by any means, but I don't see it as even financially possible.

• Premium Member

BS Nick..

I would keep Al, JJ, JC, JS and Zaza... to play with Kidd.

That would be a very good squad weather you want to admit it or not.

About keeping Al, why not keep a player who has done nothing but produce?

It seems to me you want to keep all the unproductive players and wish and wish and wish on ONE DAY?

• Premium Member

Yep, we would venture over the cap a bit... However, with that team... We could be a winner.

I think we could win the east and with our draft pick (rondo) we could set ourselves up for the future with a strong young squad... Moreover, when Kidds contract comes off the books, we gain the money to prepare ourselve to resign Smoove and Chillz.

• Premium Member

With what we are getting from Marvin right now.. We don't lose anything.

Moreover, if Marvin is the POTENTIAl that everybody is hollaring about, I don't see how NJ don't jump on the opportunity to get a young franchise player.

• Premium Member

A vet PG who knows how to run an offense. Who knows how to make players better...

More than that.

Kidd is big enough to allow Salim to play beside him in some offensive sets...

Kidd can make every offensive set we run better.

He's not a scoring PG, but he would make all of our scorers better and we would finally be an uptempo team...

2 yrs of Kidd followed By many years of Rondo who was discipled by Kidd.

I really don't see the problem you're having there Nick...

In theory, I think it's a great trade, however, Kidd's health has been a primary concern the past few seasons, he wants to play for a contender and I see NJ much closer to that than ATL. If I was playing a PS2 game, I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat. In the real world, it would be a tough call. If Kidd shows himself as healthy, you've got a great, deep team there though.