• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN article The Battle Of Futility Hawks-Raptors

thescout5

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=251202001

Raptors-Hawks meet in battle of futility

Gameday Matchup

ATLANTA (ESPN.com news services) -- The Atlanta Hawks host the Toronto Raptors tonight and, if records are the measuring stick, it's the worst regular-season match-up in NBA history.

The Hawks are 2-12. The Raptors are 1-15. The combined 3-27 winning percentage is .100 and, according to ESPN Research, that is the lowest in league history (based on a minimum of 30 games played).

The Hawks try to snap a three-game losing streak. The Raptors are looking to snap a six-game skid and still are searching for their first road victory.

Sporting one of the league's youngest teams, Atlanta has gotten off to a rough start this season with an offense averaging just 88.1 points per game -- among the league's worst.

The Hawks were outmatched in Wednesday's 96-74 loss to Miami. Zaza Pachulia had 17 points and 11 rebounds and Al Harrington added 16 and nine for Atlanta, which fell to 1-5 at home.

Toronto is the only team that has fewer wins than Atlanta, managing just a victory over the Heat on Nov. 20. The Raptors since have dropped their last six contests, including Wednesday's 92-66 pounding at the hands of Memphis.

Chris Bosh had 15 points and eight rebounds for the Raptors, who shot under 35 percent (25-of-72), committed 18 turnovers and constantly were booed by their home fans.

Toronto has been plagued by a porous defense, which is surrendering 104.3 points per game - the second-highest average in the league.

The Raptors have won two straight against the Hawks and 12 of the last 15 meetings.

Information from SportsTicker was used in this report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voice your opinion: NBA Message Boards

Quote:

The Atlanta Hawks host the Toronto Raptors tonight and, if records are the measuring stick, it's the worst regular-season match-up in NBA history.

Has it really gotten this bad folks? Oh I long for the days of Mookie, Smitty, Deke and 50 win basketball. I think J.R. Rider must have put a 10-year curse on the Hawks for sending him that little ass plane to ride in to Atlanta after we traded for him. Maybe if we bought him a lifetime supply of weed he'd lift the curse once and for all!

Let me relate a story, which is true. This is about two

baseball teams in the majors. It happened many years ago

when I was just a young man.

Back then, there were only 8 teams in the American League

and 8 teams in the National. There was a trade that

never happened but was discussed by both teams.

The proposal was for the last place team in each league

to trade their entire team, straight up. Somehow, they

never got all the details worked out and it didn't happen.

It could have been done because the players traded had

to clear waivers from all teams in their league that was

below them in the standings and there wasn't anyone.

Now, after all that, I ask you, would you be willing to

trade teams with the Raptors? All of our players on

our team for all the players on their team. Remember,

just the players change teams. Coaches, owners, etc.

remain the same.

Would you do it? Why or why not? Which team has the best

opportunity to improve, starting right now, for this

season? For the next several years??

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif