• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Seal the envelope boys...

CrawDaddy

and mail it in. We are the worst team in the league. For those of you who were at the game, I'm assuming you saw what I saw. The Raptors move the ball more than we do. The Raptors. My God, we lost to the Raptors.

Joe Johnson had a career night, and we lost to the Raptors.

For you Lue lovers out there, I hope you were happy when he passed up that wide open three with the shot clock running down in the last minute of the game, only to shove the ball to Al to take the shot with a 7 footer flying at him. Lue was wide open. Now, I'm just curious here, but does anyone think Salim would have taken that wide open shot? Speaking of Salim, how many minutes did he play in the second half? I'd lay money down and say we win that game if he plays 15 minutes in that second half.

I'm disgusted at this point. I don't hate Lue for sucking so bad, but I hate Woodson for playing him so much. It's inconceivable.

On the one good note I took from the game, Chillz is turning into one hell of a good defender. With the right coaching, he might even turn into a Prince type of player (and that's a good thing in my book). I'd even go so far as to put Chillz on an opponent's best defender to give Joe more energy on the offensive end.

But other than that, we suck again, and I'm pissed.

• Admin

we're no worse for losing to Toronto than we were before, and they are no better for winning. It was a one point loss. I think this was the third or fourth game this season that went down to the last shot of the game. Unfortunately it didn't bounce our way. If it had bounced our way in those 3-4 games, we'd have 5-6 wins right now.

We look way better from an effort standpoint than we did 10 games ago. Our ball movement looks better and our defense..well, our defense is going to take more than 10 games to show an improvement. I've seen the improvements, I still see us winning 20 games. But we aren't going to win 10 of them in the first half of the season. Be realistic.

Quote:

For you Lue lovers out there, I hope you were happy when he passed up that wide open three with the shot clock running down in the last minute of the game, only to shove the ball to Al to take the shot with a 7 footer flying at him. Lue was wide open

Let me clue you in. Lue had a root canal that had complications and was probably still weak in the legs. Most likely he has been on meds most of the weak, hence his 1 for 6 shooting night. Since he knew he had been shooting poorly he passed it to a guy who had been shooting well.

If he had been feeling 100% no doubt he would have taken the shot. He certainly didn't have a problem taking clutch shots last year.

I hate losing also...but it in a season which have started off bad for us in the column of wins and losses. A span of 30 seconds is the difference of us being in the basement with 2 wins to one of the surprise teams of the season so far with 6 wins.

I just viewed two of the games this year on tape and watch the one last night in person. I do see an area I think if we can do a better job will equal to more wins. The team always have spurts where teams make big runs and have us playing catch up. In the games I watched the use of our timeouts were terrible. The team is left out there for long stretches of time before timeout is called for the team to re-group...Last night I also came to another conclusion. We have some hard headed ass players out there. We need a strong assistant coach to deal with the players during the game. Woody wouldn't be able to do it becasue it would be viewed as showing up the player on TV and then we will get some coverage on ESPN and other networks. My suggestion would be a coach who haven't too long retired who these player can identify with and have respect for what they accomplished in the game.

Quote:

Let me clue you in. Lue had a root canal that had complications and was probably still weak in the legs. Most likely he has been on meds most of the weak, hence his 1 for 6 shooting night. Since he knew he had been shooting poorly he passed it to a guy who had been shooting well.

If he had been feeling 100% no doubt he would have taken the shot. He certainly didn't have a problem taking clutch shots last year.

First off, don't start off a post like you're in the locker room and have some insider information the rest of us don't already know. Good job--you read the newspaper and know Lue had dental work.

Second off, do you realize how assinine your argument is for him not taking the shot? If Lue is truly the asset to the team you are always claiming he is, then why didn't he show some "veteran leadership" and tell Woodson he couldn't go? Don't blame meds or weak legs, Lue is a liability to this team when he's on the court in the clutch.

Exodus, assuming you read this post, please don't reply with anything about his career assist/TO ratio or how last year he had three high scoring games. What has Lue done for me lately?

Quote:

Second off, do you realize how assinine your argument is for him not taking the shot?

Lue was 1 for 6 for the game, Harrington 12-19. Not everyone can be on every game so you go with who has the hot hand. It is just a matter of percentages.Duh.

Quote:

What has Lue done for me lately?

He is the only one who can play the point without consistently turning it over and he is 8-17 from 3 on the season.

Quote:

Lue was 1 for 6 for the game, Harrington 12-19. Not everyone can be on every game so you go with who has the hot hand. It is just a matter of percentages.Duh.

He is the only one who can play the point without consistently turning it over and he is 8-17 from 3 on the season.

Lue hasn't been "on" all season. The only thing you look at is his lack of TO's. Under your logic, the main stat we should look at is lack of TO's to determine a player's value.

Why are you arguing about Lue passing up an open three anyway? Are you really saying an open shot from 3 should not be taken, compared to a shot that is contested by a 7 footer? If Lue is so lights out from 3 as your stat puking indicates, then why not shoot it? Your response will likely be, "Oh, he had some dental work done that week." C'mon.

Salim being in there and scoring 20 with 6 TO's is still more productive than Lue's contributions will ever be.

Quote:

You must be really thick. Lue made one basket all game. Obviously his shot was off so he gave the last shot to a guy who was on. It isn't that complex for a reasonably intelligent person.

A reasonably intelligent person would not persist in defending Lue. And yes, I admit to being "thick." We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. You love Lue, I hate Lue.

Quote:

If Lue had taken that last shot and missed it you would have been like:

"What is he doing taking the last shot when he made one basket all game? He should have passed. That is why I can't stand Lue, always looking to shoot first."

You're right, I probably would have made that statement.

And then you would have retorted, "Let me clue you in on Lue. He had seven teeth pulled this week, and is on some heavy medication. Lue almost won the game for us--he avoided the ball the majority of the game and had no turnovers."