• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My take on the pg situation

exodus

Lue 25-30 minutes per game

Ivey 18-23 minutes per game

Joe/Salim 0 minutes per game. They are scorers are that is what they should focus on. JJ can get assists while he is trying to score but he isn't a pg.

In the offseason they can try to upgrade. Their trade options for a pg are pretty limited right now so they might as well make the best of what they have. My Watson trade post should have brought attention to the fact that trading for a quality pg isn't that easy.

No matter how well Lue plays i know nobody here will give him credit. he has 15 assists and 2 turnovers the last 3 games and last night he had 16 pts, 8 assists and 1 to off the bench with no mention from anyone here.

Right now, we might can get Watson pretty cheap. I don't know what's going on in Denver. Watson must have slept with Karls' daughter or something because he is getting buried deeper on the bench. There were whispers of him wanting to leave so they might let him go for a 2nd rounder.

• Premium Member

Quote:

So you just want to forfeit the rest of the games? Great attitude there. They already blew a bunch of games by trying to force JJ to play the point.

That is really a great idea for a young team, quit on the season in early december.

1. They aren't making the playoffs.

2. How is playing the young guys over the mediocre veteran bad for a losing team?

It's called giving them experience. IOW, if you're going to lose, lose young.

The idea is to do your best to win games ALL THE TIME, even when you know that the odds are against you. It is called being a professional.

If you are that depressed watching the games then maybe you should find another team to follow.

Ivey should be getting minutes as a backup pg but let's be real he had 1 assist and 3 turnovers last night, and that was a good game for him since he scored 14.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The idea is to do your best to win games

Umm, considering that the Hawks are 10-64 since the Lue trade, how are you justifying his role as a winner? That's one of the worst records of all-time for a PG in a 74 game span. He clearly is NOT helping the Hawks win games. He's below average defensively, not a great distributor, and a mediocre scorer, but he has good handles. Handles aren't enough to justify taking away minutes from Salim or Lue.

Again, if you're going to lose, lose young.

You are obviously a quitter. Lue isn't. Need I remind you how he carried the Hawks to their only victories after the Walker trade? Does 73% from the field ring a bell?

He is the best pg they have right now. He has 15 assist his last 3 games, which is fine considering his minutes.

how long are you going to go on over 3 wins?

and wins in which lue helped by shooting 73% from the field; being more of a sg than a pg

ivey plays better defense

ivey MAY grow into a better pg

so let ivey AT LEAST get 24mpg and split it with lue...don't give lue 30ppg...everytime he goes in our opps go on a run

• Premium Member

Quote:

You are obviously a quitter.

Hi. I've found a nice webpage for you to read:

The Legend of the "Ad Hominem"

Quote:

Lue isn't.

Who said he was? I said he's not a WINNER.

Quote:

Need I remind you how he carried the Hawks to their only victories after the Walker trade? Does 73% from the field ring a bell?

So, what you're saying is that Lue should get major minutes because, on average, in one out of every twenty games he gets hot on offense.

Let's trade for Darius Miles, Mo Williams, and Mike James and we'd win the NBA championship.

Quote:

He is the best pg they have right now. He has 15 assist his last 3 games, which is fine considering his minutes.

Well, by that statistical measure, JJ would be the better PG, because he has 19 assists.

Quote:

Well, by that statistical measure, JJ would be the better PG, because he has 19 assists.

How many minutes did JJ play, and how many turnovers did he have?

Clearly you bought into the preseaon hype about JJ as the pg. You thought the Hawks would be much better than they are. Now you are acting like a kid who just lost his bike.

why does every conversation about Lue end up being that he doesn't turn the ball over? That's about all he does. We get it, he knows how to dribble. In fact that's the problem, he dribbles waaay too much because he knows how to dribble. That does not make him a good point guard.

I also think JJ should never play point, but I am fine with Salim playing point because of what he brings. He is as cLUEless as Lue when it comes to running an offense, but he doesn't hog the ball, doesn't turn it over much, moves very well without the ball, and can shoot the lights out.

I think Ivey should start though. He's almost as good a ballhandler as Lue, a better defender, and he doesn't hog the ball

Quote:

He's almost as good a ballhandler as Lue, a better defender, and he doesn't hog the ball

Better defender yes. But Ivey had 1 assist and 3 turnovers. Lue had 8 assists and 1 turnover.

BTW JJ takes 3 times as many shots as ballhog Lue. I guess that makes JJ the ballhippo.

what's your point? Lue hogs the ball and ends up giving it up at the last second for a horrible shot. When the shot goes, he gets an assist. That does not make him good for the team

Also it seems you forgot to note that JJ scored 66 on the last 3 games while Lue scored 19

or that Lue shot 4-10 in the last game while Ivey went 7-10

If you want to get technical yes Ivey did make more shots, but Lue hit 2 three pointers and was 6 for 6 from the line.

I thought you were talking about ball distribution yet you are arguing the case of a guy who had one assist in a game of over 110 points.

And it isn't hard to score 18ppg if you take 18 shots per game.

Funny how you can't seem to make up your mind whether or not you want to argue about distributing or shooting.

exactly

that's why the great majority of us that watch lue every game are annoyed by how much he plays and when...we all say the same thing...he dribbles wayy too long and passes only to guarded men...when those men jack up a desperation shot and it goes in, lue gets an assist...doesn't mean lue is a pg...he doesn't create shots or opportunities...

• Premium Member

Quote:

How many minutes did JJ play, and how many turnovers did he have?

Better question: How many minutes did he play at PG?

Even better question: How successful were the Hawks with Lue at PG?

Quote:

Clearly you bought into the preseaon hype about JJ as the pg. You thought the Hawks would be much better than they are. Now you are acting like a kid who just lost his bike.

Hi. I have a new site for you to read.

The Legend of the "Strawman."