• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

David Aldridge:Why can black guys be good coaches?

• Premium Member

Even though Aldrich don't want to stand on one side of the fence or the other (maybe Job Security is an issue) He's right. ESPN's rankings are bogus.

Byron Scott = #18? Really? Didn't he just take his team to the finals....in his second yr of coaching? Bird didn't even do that and Bird gets all the credit in the world.

Silas #17? Really? I have always respected a Paul Silas team. He knows how to get the best out of his players. Even now, they are one of the best teams in the East.

Lenny "The Great One" #16. 20 out of 26 yrs, he's been in the playoffs. He has had Many yrs of winning 50 games... Most of the time without the best players playing. BUT this yr, his star player goes down and he leads his team into the playoffs. (past Milwaukee) and to 5 games with a Healthy Detroit team.

Where is the love for the great one.

Now, if you want to ask the hard questions... Let's ask these.

How can you be down on Cheeks... Rank him #19 and yet rank George Karl #14?

Karl did absolutely Nothing with Talent. Nothing at All. Yet he's ranked above a lot of good coaches with less talent that at least got their teams into the playoffs. Lenny, Silas, Cheeks, and Scott were all slighted on that one.

How do you rank Doug Collins #12? His current team did not make the playoffs. If you say that Collins took Detroit and Chicago to the playoffs previously, then Lenny needs to be #1. Everywhere that Lenny has coached, he has gotten 50 wins and playoff appearances. He was one shot away from being in the finals 2 yrs ago.

Why is the media against Isiah? 2 yrs, 2 playoffs... This yr, his team almost beat NJ.

Is Gregg Poppavich a good coach without Duncan and Robinson? I don't think so. Not better than Scott I guess?

DA is right.

And BHD, you think anybody but you were "called out"?!?

Aldridge at least begins to agree with his (many but not all of which are good ole boy) reporter counterparts in that his top 5 coaches are all white (not black), Phil Jackson is #1 (not #8 behind 2 do nothing BLACK 1st year coaches), and Johnson (UGH!), Evans (fired), Cartwright (Whateva.), Thomas (worst coach in the league?), and maybe one or two more on your top 15 list don't even deserve honorable mention(ing).

You should read more carefully.

W

BTW, I've already responded to that lame ESPN news reporter ranking of coaches. I have Doc around 6th or better (ahead of Silas) and Scott (looks like he's gonna be good and a straight talker too) near there.