• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

is salim hurt???

flava

NO, I don't beleive he is. I think it was just Lue finally playing more like he did last year and finally producing at the PG spot. Even though Ivey and Lue played very good and we won, benching Salim [with his abiities] can bite us in the azz, because you never can not need his scoring. Lue almost blew the game byu constantly getting beat by Parker.

So good to see us beat the best!!!

I believe it had a lot to do with Royal Ivey's play and Tyronn Lue's play tonight. I thought Lue started out shakey, but he finished very strong. He took care of the basketball, made some good transition baskets, and hit some clutch free throws.

Royal has played great defense when he's been in the game, and he has done a good job of taking care of the ball. Joe Johnson isn't going to sit much, so there wasn't a lot of time for Salim tonight. That will probably change on a night to night basis because Tyronn is such an inconsistent player.

You also have to take into account that Josh Childress played extremely well in the second half, and the Hawks went a particular stretch in the game with Childress and Johnson in the backcourt with Al, Marvin, and Josh Smith up front.

He wasn't injured, but he was definitely pissed. There was a point in the 4th quarter after the Hawks went up by 7 and the Spurs called a timeout. Everyone on the Hawks' bench was up giving high fives to guys coming off the court...everyone except Salim. He still stuck his hand out (albeit while sitting) to give support to guys coming off the floor, but you could definitely tell he was mad about not playing.

Quote:

He wasn't injured, but he was definitely pissed. There was a point in the 4th quarter after the Hawks went up by 7 and the Spurs called a timeout. Everyone on the Hawks' bench was up giving high fives to guys coming off the court...everyone except Salim. He still stuck his hand out (albeit while sitting) to give support to guys coming off the floor, but you could definitely tell he was mad about not playing.

He was quoted recently as saying he just wanted to win and would rather sit on the bench on a winning team than play regularly on a loser. So why would he have an attitude when the Hawks are beating the defending champs?

Good question. I know Lute Olsen had problems with him his first three years at Arizona, to the point where Salim almost transferred. Hopefully he realizes he is just a rook, and he's going to have to be patient before he gets a lot of PT. Of course, if I was in Woody's shoes, I would be playing him a heckuva lot more than he's playing right now.