• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Plan 1 From Outer Space...

TheRedStripes

I'm really unhappy with the Hawks right now, I hate the Marvin pick, and im sick of all these small forwards, i was really bored so i came up with this plan to fix the Hawks, im sure nobody will like it except me probably, but thats ok... it's just what i would personally do if i was Billy Knight, and if the other teams agreed to the trades.

Trade 1:

Atlanta Trades : Al Harrington

Atlanta Gets: Channing Frye, Scott Pollard

New York Trades: Channing Frye, Antonio Davis

New York Gets: Ron Artest, Austin Croshere

Indiana Trades: Ron Artest, Austin Croshere, Scott Pollard

Indiana Gets: Al Harrington, Antonio Davis

I like this trade because Atlanta gets Channing Frye, who is already looking like he is going to be a solid player and put up numbers to match Al's soon, plus he can play C, or PF and those are needs, getting a player like this for Al is a good move because I doubt Al is going to re-sign anyway and Frye is younger and cheaper.

Indiana gets Harrington back, and Antonio Davis' big salary will be coming off the books after the season and that should give the pacers enough cap room to re-sign Al.

New York gets Artest, and Croshere which should make their team better, Losing Frye shouldnt hurt them too much since they signed Eddie Curry and Jerome James to play center.

Trade 2:

Altanta Trades: Josh Childress, Marvin Williams

Clippers Trade: Shaun Livingston, Chris Wilcox

I like this trade because it gets Atlanta a talented young point guard ( a tall one too... BK should like that ) and another young big man in Wilcox.

For the clips, they get a young superstar in the making....Marvin Williams, and a player who can already be a solid backup in Childress, which should position them to make a decent run into the playoffs.

I think really the clippers are getting a little more talent in this trade, but sometimes you have to give up more than youd like to get a player like Livingston who is going to be really good and fills a huge need for the Hawks.

2006 Draft: Rudy Gay, personally i like Adam Morrison with this pick, but im almost certain nobody else does, and im sure BK will take Gay if they get a shot

Also bring over David Andersen

Next years team:

Livingston/Lue/Ivey

Johnson/Salim

Smoove/Gay/Donta

Frye/Wilcox

ZaZa/Andersen

that is a young, versatile, athletic, talented team right there, i think my favorite combination that would be on the floor together from time to time would actually be Livingston, JJ, Gay, Smoove, Wilcox....imagine how many alley oops that lineup would produce...

I like the 1st trade, and it could possibly happen.

There is no way the clips do the 2nd trade IMO. Marvin's stock is at its lowest. He hasn't put up any numbers. Livingston is in a similar situation, but I doubt they've given up on him. He is still the franchise PG of their future.

In my opinion,

Livingston>Marvin

Wilcox>Chill

as of today, so I can't see them doing it. It definitely makes them worse for this year, and they are doing great. They are finally, FINALLY looking like they might make the playoffs, they aren't going to trade "for the future" and miss out on this year. Their fans would never forgive it

Don't really like the ball-handling of the team after the trades. I feel like that is a problem now. Usually only 2 good handlers on the court for us at a time. Seems like something you could improve but it seems like it might take Josh Smith some time if ever. He needs to dribble everywhere he goes.

I'm not sure that it makes the clippers worse for this year, livingston has only played one game so far, and Wilcox gets almost no playing time, If they put Livingston in at the point right now it could totally disrupt the chemistry they have going right now with Cassel.

I have to say as of now...

Livingston > Marvin

Wilcox

Wilcox just isn't really doing anything for the clips right now, he is only averaging 4 points and 3 rebounds...childress would give them much more production, assuming they actually play him.

I think you need to mix the two trades together:

Atlanta trades Harrington, receives Livington, Wilcox

Indy trades Artest, receives Harrington

Clipps trade Livingston, Wilcox , receive Artest

I think the Clipps might see Artest as the player that puts them over the top. Most likely Livingston won't get many minutes with Cassell there and with that team they might start getting that win now mentality. Artest could make them a real force. Right now they are starting Ross at the 3.

Quote:

I think you need to mix the two trades together:

Atlanta trades Harrington, receives Livington, Wilcox

Indy trades Artest, receives Harrington

Clipps trade Livingston, Wilcox , receive Artest

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat, but I like the other 2 trades together if it could be done, because we get rid of that piece of crap Marvin Williams, and we get Livingston, Wilcox, and Channing Frye

1) NY has said they will NOT trade frye (or nate) for Artest, so #1 couldn't happen

2) frye is NOT worth marvin+chill

3) al to indy, artest/lue(delk) to lac for livingston/wilcox is our best bet

we still get everyone but frye there but keep marvin/chill (our sgs of the future, as smoove/wilcox are our pfs of the future)

rondo/ivey

jj/slim

marvin/chill

smoove/wilcox

zaza/andersen

Quote:

1) 3) al to indy, artest/lue(delk) to lac for livingston/wilcox is our best bet

we still get everyone but frye there but keep marvin/chill (our sgs of the future, as smoove/wilcox are our pfs of the future)

rondo/ivey

jj/slim

marvin/chill

smoove/wilcox

zaza/andersen

why would you draft Rondo if we had Livingston? Id do what you are proposing, but if we got Livingston with that team, id probably pick Aldridge

Quote:

1) NY has said they will NOT trade frye (or nate) for Artest, so #1 couldn't happen

2) frye is NOT worth marvin+chill

1) GM's say alot of things. Sarver said he would never let JJ go. It's part of their public bargaining, isn't always true

2) it would be al for frye if you consider the first trade alone

• Admin

The first pick is solid and makes some sense. The second is a waste of time. Trading Marvin for players that are either no better than players in the deal or have significantly less potential is not what we need.

You might not like the Marvin pick. but that does not change his talent or potential. It also doesn't change the fact taht he's a 19yo rookie. If you expected a lot from him this year, that's your fault, not his.

Quote:

The first pick is solid and makes some sense. The second is a waste of time. Trading Marvin for players that are either no better than players in the deal or have significantly less potential is not what we need.

You might not like the Marvin pick. but that does not change his talent or potential. It also doesn't change the fact taht he's a 19yo rookie. If you expected a lot from him this year, that's your fault, not his.

I don't think Marvn has more potential than Livingston, I think its the other way around, Livingston is 6-7 and a true point guard with a lot of talent, he is also the same age as Marvin, but was able to show more promise last year than Marvin has this year, and Livingston was a year younger.

I didn't expect marvin to set the NBA on fire this year by any stretch of the imagination, I know it will take time for him to develop, but id rather have a player like livingston with just as much potential if not more, that plays a position of need, and not a position where the Hawks already have some good young players.

we really don't need to make any trades right now. there is nothing that we can get that would make us any better. we are already in developmental mode so why should we trade for more developmental pieces. leave the team alone, let them grow, at least until right before the trade deadline. if we are still struggling terribly then yeah, maybe we should trade Al b/c if we are still struggling that means Al is going to walk in the offseason. however, if we are playing decent and making improvements, i believe that Al will sign with the hawks for 8-9 mill a year. that may be a bit much but what else would we get with that money? Nothing! I think we should make our trades during the draft, and i mean trading our draft pick for a veteran player. maybe a first (top 7), and chillz, or marv for mike bibby

Quote:

why would you draft Rondo if we had Livingston? Id do what you are proposing, but if we got Livingston with that team, id probably pick Aldridge

oops...forgot my own trade

yes, we'd get aldridge

livingston/ivey

jj/slim

marvin/chill

smoove/wilcox

aldridge/zaza

livingston/jj/slim/ivey could be one of the best guard rotations in the league

smoove/wilcox/aldridge/zaza could be one of the best big rotations in the league

marvin/chill could be the best starting/backup sf combo in the league

• Admin

Livingston is NOT a PG, you're crazy. There's nothing in his HS career to indicate that he is a PG. he was a scorer and a rebounder. He's more of a childress clone than he is a PG. And don't point to his assist totals from last year as an indication that he's a PG...

Trading marvin for a player that has no more potential and no more talent is pointless. Especially when he's a clone of other players we already have.

Quote:

Quote:

oops...forgot my own trade

yes, we'd get aldridge

livingston/ivey

jj/slim

marvin/chill

smoove/wilcox

aldridge/zaza

livingston/jj/slim/ivey could be one of the best guard rotations in the league

smoove/wilcox/aldridge/zaza could be one of the best big rotations in the league

marvin/chill could be the best starting/backup sf combo in the league

you gotta be kidding me, we're already the youngest team in the league, but that starting lineup your proposing is so young, inexperienced, and unproven that we would be waiting 4 years before we make a move toward improvment. lets not go backward people, only forward.

Quote:

Livingston is NOT a PG, you're crazy. There's nothing in his HS career to indicate that he is a PG. he was a scorer and a rebounder. He's more of a childress clone than he is a PG. And don't point to his assist totals from last year as an indication that he's a PG...

Well, I won't call you crazy, because thats not nice...

but...youre just dead wrong here, Livingston is a point guard, always has been, always will be, his strengths are ball handling and passing, thats the truth...

IMHO we can forget about a trade involving Marvin. Guys with big egos (BK, Dan Reeves) never admit they are wrong (because in their mind they never are).

I remember living out in Denver when (then coach) Dan Reeves drafted Tommy Maddux to be Elway's replacement. Dumb pick and it helped to get him fired. Reeves got a couple more jobs (NYG, Falcons) and he always drug TM along with him. It was obvious he couldn't stand it that everybody said he blew a first round pick and was hoping TM would improve and vindicate him. TM never did anything and Elway won 2 Superbowls without Reeves.

Quote:

wow

livingston was considered a pg when drafted and has played pg EXCLUSIVELY since coming into the league

his court vision and passing are EXTRAORDINARY

his ONLY problem is injuries

NOTHING states he'd be a sg EXCEPT height

NOTHING states he's a chill clone EXCEPT he's a skinny dude with a fro

as for the hs comment, look at his college recruiting articles for duke here: http://www.duke-blue.50megs.com/html/livingston.html

they say stuff like:

"highly touted point guard Shaun Livingston"

"Shaun Livingston, a point guard from Peoria"

"nation's top point guard"

"The top Duke point guard prospect in 2004"

"gifted 6’8” point guard"

"is in the mold of a Majic Johnson-esque pg "

"superstar point guard "

"the no. 1 point guard in the 2004 class "

so, if nothing in his HS career indicated he was a pg, how come EVERYONE from colleges to the nba said he was a pg...not a guard or combo guard or 'big guard that can handle the pg position'....no, they said 'point guard' every time

"Arizona however may have to play Livingston at another position other than point guard because of the stud they already will having managing the point – Mustafa Shakur. The Peoria central player has said numerous times he wants to go to a school where he can play his position – the point"

so one school that wanted him woulda had to consider compromising, but livingston didn't wanna compromise...he had been a pg in hs and would stay a pg forever