• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Artest to Hawks?

y2kenta

The only Artest trade the Hawks should take part in is a beneficial 3-way trade that lands us either a significant PF or PG or both and sends Artest to a third party. Reason being is that Artest is not going to welcome a losing team, and he does not have a great "team" attitude nor does he have a sense of one. That will do nothing but hurt our team moral, chemistry (even more), and the development of our young guys.

I like these 3-way trade ideas:

1. ATL/ INDY/ SAC

ATL - trades Al + Delk and gets Peja + INDY's 1st

INDY - trades Artest + 1st and gets Al

SAC - trades Peja and gets Artest + Delk

2. ATL/ INDY/ LAL

ATL - trades Al + Delk + Lue and gets Odom + INDY's 1st

INDY - trades Artest + 1st and gets Al + Delk

LAL - trades Odom and gets Artest + Lue

3. ATL/ INDY/ NYK

ATL - trades Al + Delk + 1st and gets Frye + Tinsley

INDY - trades Artest + Tinsley and gets Al + Crawford + ATL's 1st

NYK - trades Frye + Crawford and gets Artest + Delk

i'd love to get tinsley and frye (or tinsley and another big man), but that won't happen

if indy would do al/delk for tinsley/artest i'd do it in a heartbeat and then figure out where to send artest to get back a big for him

i also like

1) al for livingston wilcox

2) al for dre/nene

3) al for jack/pryz

4) al for ford/bogut (cool.gif)

5) al for banks/al jefferson

6) al for calderon/bosh

7) al for ridnour/swift

8) al for deron/boozer

9) al for mcinnis/krstic

10) al for jones/varejao

11) al for mowill/gadz

12) al for bknight/brezec(may/okafor)

13) al for jwill/simien

14) al for dhoward ( cool.gif)

15) al for atkins/etan/ramos

Haha, wishful thinking. Al is not going to get you Chris Bosh. If it would have, that deal would have already been done. Most of those deals are ridiculously lopsided either for us or against us. Ridnour/Swift and McInnis/Krstic? Uh... no thanks. Banks/Jefferson? No thanks. MoWill/Gadz? Uhh.... I absolutely love Bosh and DHoward but there is no way we get them.

• Premium Member

Indy would not do any of those trades. We do not need a cancer like Artest in Atlanta either, it would be JR Rider all over again.

Let Phil Jackson have the bum. I'd laugh at Artest trying to take over Kobe's position as team leader!

Here's another interesting yet realistic Artest 3-way idea, this time with Denver. Denver gets Artest. Indiana gets the object of their desires, Harrington. Atlanta gets Earl Watson and a #1 pick from Denver. Similar to the Sacramento scenario that I painted in another post, we could try to shake down Denver and Sacramento for a #1 pick EACH since we don't have to make a trade while the other two teams are the eager ones, especially Indiana. However, as grumpy and testy as BK is, he doesn't seem to exhibit the same attitude when it comes to extracting trades from other teams.