• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

postgame quotes

shock

ATLANTA HAWKS POST-GAME QUOTES

Hawks Head Coach Mike Woodson:

“They got the job done, and that’s the nice thing about our team now. They’re playing, they get down, and they don’t think they’re down. They’re playing to win, and that’s what it’s all about. We did struggle early. We let Carmelo have his way throughout the game. There were times that we blew our defensive assignment by doubling and getting the ball out of his hands. And early, he was beating our double teams, escaping baseline and getting to the free throw line. He’s a tough kid to guard. For the most part, our defense hung in there when we needed to have it. Especially down the stretch we made plays. And offensively, we made plays when it counted.”

“We were down five, we had to force the overtime. I thought Joe hit a great shot to tie it up, and then Chills (Josh Childress) makes a heck of a steal with four or five seconds on the clock With them having a chance to win the ballgame, that was huge. Then in overtime, we get down early, and we just never changed our attitude in how we played.”

“Josh Smith was huge tonight. He made some spectacular plays, which is really nice to see, a young kid come through. But everyone who played tonight played great for us.”

Josh Smith: (On his stat line today): “I try to pattern my game after Kirilenko. I watch him and try to pattern myself after him. You look up and he has 14, 10 and maybe five blocks and five assists.”

“We were kind of flat to start the fourth quarter, and when I came back in I just tried to add a spark. We weren’t worried, everyone was pretty calm. We shared the ball around, made good passes to each other and it got us back in the game.”

“Beating San Antonio gave us a good boost, and we realized what we could do as players, and I think that was kind of a wake-up call for our team. From there one, we’ve been real confident in each other, and we’re having fun out there. We’re smiling, and everything out there is fun for us.”

Tyronn Lue: “Down the stretch, everybody on our team made big plays. Childress with the steal to send it into overtime. Josh Smith made a lot of big plays, some dunks, key blocks, offensive rebounds. Zaza made four free throws, and had two (clutch) offensive rebounds. Al got a steal and dunked it back. Joe sent it into overtime with a big shot, and everyone just made plays down the stretch when we needed to.”

(On the overtime three-pointer): “I knew when I was coming off the pick-and-roll, the big guy was staying with me the whole time to make sure I gave it up. So I tried to turn the corner hard, so I could step back and get separation over Elson. And I was able to get a tough shot.”

DENVER NUGGETS POST-GAME QUOTES

Head Coach George Karl: “I feel awful that we lost because we played a good game but that’s the nature of the NBA. When you’re on the road and you don’t have a big talent pool it can be a long game. Even with our best players in the game we haven’t finished off games well and today was prime example of that. We just gave up way too many points towards the end the game.”

(On the collapse in OT) “Rebounding is was big problem for us tonight. They (Hawks) beat us to the ball all night long, and in overtime it helped them close out the game.”

Carmelo Anthony: “It was a tough game tonight because we only had seven guys tonight. We were very tired tonight, coming off tough games in Cleveland and New Jersey. The whole road trip caught up with us today. We came out and played aggressive today but the overtime was just too much for us.”

DerMarr Johnson: “They (Hawks) are very comfortable at home and they have been on the road lately. It was tough to come out and play an early game on the last day of a ten-day road trip but I thought we competed well. We’re playing good basketball.”