Who Here......

Diesel

• Premium Member

Who here would take a chance on Tim Hardaway?

I mean, do something like Eat Email's contract. Then Pick up Hardaway? Let him play in rotation with Terry and Dickau. 1 yr Vet Min.

Terry/Hardaway/Dickau

Ira/Glover

Big Dog/Ham/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

Then until CC comes back, we get a C...

• Premium Member

Actually, last season he didn't look that bad. I watched a few Mavs games and when he played he did really well. To get him for 1 yr, 1mil might be good in the long run with the development of JT and Dickau as PGs. All that wisdom on the bench.

With what JT did to Tim Hardaway last year

in Denver I saw how bad Timmy is.The only

thing he has left is decent 3pt shooting.If

he gets hot in 3's he can score....IF not he

doesn't have alot to offer.

STop it....With that frontline of SAR, Robinson and Ratliff, I'd take Mookie as the backup PG. Mookie was a good distributor who was asked to shoot too much. Henderson/Laettner and Mutombo didn't scare anyone down low on the offensive end and that required Smitty and Mookie to put up too many shots with too many hands in their collective faces.

But Mookie as a Backup...better than Hardaway and better than most of the backups in the league. He was and still is an excellent PG defender and can get the ball inside as well as most midlevel PG starters. Would I want him as the starter over JT? Hell no! But IF Hardaway was as good as Mookie right now, I'd take him as a backup. Point being, Hardaway is a solid backup PG now too. He'd be an upgrade over Email if all we're looking for is a guy to run the offense.

Now all that said, this board really seems to be discounting Dan Dickau. I am extremely interested to see how the rook does in the preseason. WHY? Because I saw something in the summer league I really liked. Summer league told us alot. Outside of Demarr and Dion, Dickau was playing with mainly scrubs to pass too. Mainly retreads that won't make rosters in the fall. But when he handled the rock, the other players moved without the ball. Most of the assists Dan got were because of players trailing and moving to the right spots to receive those passes. This tells me something about Dickau...players on the floor trust him and Dickau runs his sets to create space..space enough for the other players to function. But even this wasn't what I saw that impressed me. It was the soft catchable passes. Just like Mike Vick needs to learn to throw catchable balls to receivers, a point guard has to deliver catchable passes to allow for momentum to the basket. The players Dickau passed to were catching the ball in stride and none were bricking off their hands...You can't teach that fellas....You can't teach making passes that make scrubs look good. Is he a better option than JT...not at all, but he might be the best peson in the world to push JT. To make JT become that true point the team needs...Dickau makes better passes and if JT is any kind of a competitor, there's no way he'll let the rook be better than him at any facit of the game....especially the one so important to the point guard position.

Well considering Mookie couldn't get playing

time on a team that lacked expeirence and a

PG it says about what Mookie still has in the

tank.This is 2002 not 1995.

Hardaway is a gimp that can only shoot 3's now.