• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Philly's going to be playing catchup again...

good news for us, but man, they've had it rough with the injuries (we can certainly empathize with that!)

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Philadelphia 76ers guard Allen Iverson will miss 2-to-4 weeks after injuring the middle finger on his shooting hand during practice Friday.

Iverson

Iverson, the league's leading scorer last season and its MVP in 2000-01, had an MRI on Friday to determine the extent of the injury.

Dr. Jack McPhilemy, the team physician, was to examine Iverson on Saturday to determine further course of action.

Sixers Coach Larry Brown said Iverson basically jammed the middle finger on his right hand, one he had hurt before.

"We've just got to cross our fingers and hope it's not too bad,'' Brown said. "Allen's injury is a tough thing.''

Also Friday, guard Greg Buckner sprained a ligament in his right knee and is expected to miss 4-to-6 weeks

just updated that AI should be ok to play in the final pre-season game. How they start out the gates will depend largely on whether Brown can get Iverson to still be a part of the team/ camp and work on his wind even though he can't shoot...otherwise, esp. considering the beating he recieves night in and night out, if his wind is down at the beginning...

glad that he and KVH got to know each others plays and nuances though; mmm, yeah, that really worked out well.

• Premium Member

Philly will be interesting. They kept DC... so that they can get rid of him next season. However, they broke up Chemistry getting KVH? Van Horn won't rebound and will shoot from outside a lot. That's not their style. With McKie, snow, and AI still on the team, I think Larry missed the ball. He should have kept the cheaper Harpring and went after another Pf. If he could have sent Deke to PTL for Davis and Anderson, he should have done that. Davis is a perfect fit for the sixers.

I wouldn't wish injury on anyone. Will it possibly help the Hawks, yes. It was that aspect to which I was commenting.

Actually, I really like Philly, AI and Brown both. I wish them the best and would love for Iverson to regain the respect that he started to earn after the MVP/Finals run. He's gotten a bum rap after last summer, much of which was blown out of proportion. I do think that he needs to listen to Brown a little more at times, soemthign that he's shown he's capable of doing - it's the consistency thing though.

After having high hopes for the Hawks last year, the constant barrage of injuries just made me jaded. I want the Hawks to succeed, to fulfill their playoff promise and then some. Would I prefer that teams be healthy and we beat them otherwise, most definitely. You earn a lot more respect that way.

Injured players lead to misleading wins. Healthy players generally lead to quality basketball which is good for fans, good for the league.

Go Hawks.