• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Slim should NEVER get a DNP

Nicholasp27

slim has now made 27 fts in a row

he also can score several points a minute when he's on...there is NO reason (other than disciplinary, etc) that he should get a DNP, especially when we are trailing all game like we did against NYK...you HAVE to give him at least a few mins to see if he's on and can score 10 points in 5 mins real quick...if he makes dumb plays and isn't scoring, then fine...but give him the chance to come in and be our hero

Quote:

FYI he's never missed a free throw at Philips. Pretty impressive. Also, Slim is indeed his nickname on the team

I still wish they would blast off gunshot sounds (6 shooter) every time he comes in the game

You've got to be kidding me. Ive never heard smith, rathbun, or neal call him "slim", and ive never heard a player refer to him as "slim". Im sure the guys on the team and the guys here at hawksquawk could be a little more creative than just removing a vowel to make another word for the sake of a nickname.

ummm... ok.

They had a "pop-up video" segment during a timeout a week or two ago, and it was salim stoudamire's. One of the pop-up bubbles was that salim's nickname on the team was "slim".

edit: I thought you didn't believe me. I just re-read and realized that you're just saying that it's lame. I don't know, not many nicknames are that good anyhow, people try to force one on everyone. Not everyone needs a nickname IMO unless it just happens to come up. Is TMac a good nickname? KG?

The announcers call him mini-microwave of course

i pretty much just dont like forced nicknames. And i personally think the whole tmac, jdub, or any other nickname that is a combination of a first and last name. with the exceptions of JJ which i think sounds good, and p-diddy (drobnjak). Nicknames i do like are ones that fit the style or character of a player such as pistol pete maravich, hammerin hank aaron, and of course the immortal jimmy superfly snuka.