• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Alternatives to Rondo and Williams

hawkman

• Premium Member

If we end up getting the first pick in the draft, I have no doubt that we would pick Aldridge. But what about our needs at PG? I feel there are some other PG prospects in college right now that just aren't getting the recognition that Rondo and Williams are getting. Check out Wil Blalock (love the name by the way) and Curtis Stinson at Iowa state. Either one of these guys could be had late in the first round if they decide to declare. Another one to consider is

Carl Krauser. True, he has some FT shooting woes but is still a decent player in the late first round/ early second round part of the draft. There are a few others out there, but their names escape me at the moment. It would be pretty easy to swing a deal that could get us another first round pick so that we could get one of these guys, especially with our depth at certain positions. Just thought I'd spread the word.

Quote:

If we get him I will call him wookie blaylock

BTW, anyone notice that we're ahead of Charlotte now? A lot of us have been taking the top pick for granted, but if our past luck has taught us anything, it should be that we should expect the #3 or #4 pick

Exatcly, i dont see us getting that #1 pick smirk.gifsmirk.gifsmirk.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

If we get him I will call him wookie blaylock

BTW, anyone notice that we're ahead of Charlotte now? A lot of us have been taking the top pick for granted, but if our past luck has taught us anything, it should be that we should expect the #3 or #4 pick

Exatcly, i dont see us getting that #1 pick smirk.gifsmirk.gifsmirk.gif

But that doesn't have to be a bad thing. If we have to, we could trade #3-4 for 2 first round picks and still end up with two good players. I'm not so sure that any other teams are really sold on Aldridge as the number 1 pick anyway. Aldridge looks ok but Oden would have looked a lot better at #1. Besides, Aldridge could easily fall to us at the 2nd or 3rd pick and we could still use one of our SF/SG/PF's in a trade to get a late first round pick.