• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why in the hell waws AL guarding Steve Nash!!!!!

Wurider05

Quote:

I am confused. AL is not capable of guarding Nash but everytime he did he scored. If you are going to put a bigger man on him it should have been CHillz!!!

Disagreement here. I thought Al did well. Woody actually made a savvy move by putting someone with longer arms on Nash. I thought it was a good move. However, Ivey played Nash like a champ and should have let him log more minutes. I am not saying that Royal would stop Steve, but his hands were active and he stayed in front of him, and he recovers to the ball very well.

The fact of the matter is that when Lue gets picked, he's done. I saw twice last night where Ivey actually fought through the pick and made Steve pass to another man, taking the ball away from the point, and the best player. How Mike Woodson did not see this is beyond me.

I've noticed that in the last three games. Ivey knows how to fight through the pick. It seems that everyone else we have allows the pick to get them, and then one of two things happens.

1. The man guarding the pick man doesn't rotate off, leaving a wide open jumper available.

2. We end up getting two players going at the guy coming off the pick, leaving an open lane to the basket for the pick man.

We do not defend the pick and roll well at all, except when Royal Ivey is in the game.

Remember that when I was defending Lue back in november the Hawks were averaging less than 90 ppg on offense. I knew that Lue being more involved would get their offense going, and it did.

Now their problem is defending quick guards. If Lue or Salim has to give up minutes so Ivey can spend more time on the floor then so be it.

When Ivey is in the game and the offense is going well there is really no reason to take him out, since he is the best defender at the point on the team.

last night, which while being impressive to me, just pissed me off because now that I have seen Al defend someone that quick I fully expect to see a much greater defensive effort from now on against guys closer to his speed/size.

I give Woody a lot of credit for putting Al on him last night because it worked pretty well in the 4th. Still dont understand why Ivey cant get more playing time though.