• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another call for Woodson's job

macdaddy

Quote:

I posted not long ago that a veteran coach like Mike Fratello might have 3-4 more wins at this point than Mike Woodson does right now with this team.

How long have I been stressing that this is all part of the natural progress a young team makes.

For those that haven't noticed, the Hawks have matched last season's win total, and it isn't even the All-Star break yet.

The Hawks are on pace to win around 23 games, which is a 10 game improvement over last season. I believe the Hawks will probably end up somewhere between 25-30 wins, which would be a truly astonishing turn around from last season. You can take a look at the history of the NBA and see that teams rarely have 10+ game turnarounds from one season to the next.

San Antonio (35 and 36 game improvements), Cleveland (18), Denver (26), Phoenix (33), NO(on pace for big improvement), Miami (17 game improvement 2 years in a row), Chicago (24) are some recent examples, so I don't think going from historically awful (13 wins) to just plain bad (25-30 wins) is very meaningful until we see if the team makes additional strides towards being competitive next year.

[quote) He just "didn't want to do it" in Atlanta... But he goes over to the Suns and now he just wants to.

hmmmmm... sounds like a problem with the ones running the team to me. I mean, why would he just not want to do it for Woody, but easily do it for Mike?

I think apart of it is that Woody is used to crappy american ball and doesn't understand how to use Euro's... You know, sorta like Larry Brown. No wonder american coaches are getting schooled by the coaches that coach the euro teams.

You're probably on to something there. I might add that a couple differing leadership styles are 1.) Negative, intimidating, teach by be-rating mistakes... 2.) Positive, nuturing, teach by explaining/demonstrating...

Some players (as all people)will react to the negative and some are intimidated and go into a shell. My guess id Diaw was of the latter variety.

and PS: It's harder to be a true teacher/nurturer because you really have to know all aspects of your job and have patience.