• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deadline deal

Diesel

I've never been a smoove fan (from a basketball skill standpoint)...but he's beginning to grow on me. I think he may be more of a competitor than I initially gave him credit for. He was pumped at the end of the Orlando game and really seemed excited about getting the win. Add that to his other attributes and hope he keeps working on his weaknesses and he may turn out to be a solid player for a good many years to come.

I'd look to trade somebody else unless it was an offer the Hawks just couldn't refuse.

• Premium Member

I think JB is about 6'11 - 7'0 265-280. The guy is huge, he's strong, he's got good footwork. We get somebody like Clifford Ray in here to train this guy right and we might have that C that we've been looking for.

The Knicks have Curry and James at the C position so them getting a pseudo first rounder might be bargain enough to make them give him up.

I dont know.

You would probably have to ask the 29 other GM's.

I like smoove, but if adding him to a package deal to land someone like Garnett or whomever, then its worth it i think.

Im just opening up discussion of what we could do to land a difference making pg, c, or pf. Not a dan gadzuric,steve blake, reggie evans, or some other 2nd or 3rd tier player.

Im talking about an allstar, household name kind of guy.

Maybe we dont even have the players to make a deal like this?

Or maybe we do but it would cripple our team?

Just throwing some thoughts and ideas out there.

• Premium Member

I believe guys on the trading block are:

Ray Allen.

Paul Pierce.

and if we give enough.. maybe maybe Chris Bosh.

However, mainly what you're looking at though is guys who are good but have contracts that make it not worth the time. Like Ray Allen. He just signed an 80 million dollar deal and Seattle seems to be having buyers remorse...

I wouldn't want big baby Jesus because he brings nothing better than we have.

Paul Pierce's days have been numbered a long time. Boston is just waiting for a good offer.

I wouldn't want the shot chucker.

I forgot Jermaine Oneal. I think under the right circumstances, Bird would trade him. Bird almost traded him in the Summer and told him he got this season to get it right.

There's a winning thought there. How much would you give for J.O.

Off the top, you know it will talk Al/Delk simply for contract reasons. Next is JSmoove... Then our lottery first.

Would you do that to get J.O.??

• Premium Member

Quote:

I believe guys on the trading block are:

Ray Allen.

Paul Pierce.

and if we give enough.. maybe maybe Chris Bosh.

However, mainly what you're looking at though is guys who are good but have contracts that make it not worth the time. Like Ray Allen. He just signed an 80 million dollar deal and Seattle seems to be having buyers remorse...

I wouldn't want big baby Jesus because he brings nothing better than we have.

Paul Pierce's days have been numbered a long time. Boston is just waiting for a good offer.

I wouldn't want the shot chucker.

I forgot Jermaine Oneal. I think under the right circumstances, Bird would trade him. Bird almost traded him in the Summer and told him he got this season to get it right.

There's a winning thought there. How much would you give for J.O.

Off the top, you know it will talk Al/Delk simply for contract reasons. Next is JSmoove... Then our lottery first.

Would you do that to get J.O.??

I have an idea! Create some continuity with your team by adding to what you already have instead of proposing all of these dumb azz trades

Quote:

I have an idea! Create some continuity with your team by adding to what you already have instead of proposing all of these dumb azz trades

Or how about we create a winning, playoff team by adding an all star. Go ahead and keep thinking that we can just trade a scrub for a better scrub, and that our future draft picks will pan out to help the guys we already have win a title. If we could get JO for Al/Smmove then hell yes i would do it. That is not a "dumb azz" trade. I agree that most trades on this board are ridiculous and would never happen, but i argue that toying with the notion of trading our assests for proven, bona fide superstars is anything but a proposed "dumb azz" trade.