Lue Out? 4-6 weeks

HawksFan87

I hate that for Lue. Why do you feel we have no choice to trade Al for a point guard? I'd like to trade Al before the deadline, but I certainly don't think we have to get a point guard. We're not going to the playoffs this year anyway so what does it really matter?

Quote:

I hate that for Lue. Why do you feel we have no choice to trade Al for a point guard? I'd like to trade Al before the deadline, but I certainly don't think we have to get a point guard. We're not going to the playoffs this year anyway so what does it really matter?

Excelent point! smirk.gif

Well I agree with most that the minutes will go to Ivey or Salim (probably mostly to Ivey in all fairness).

Still, they gotta bring in somebody from somewhere. Knock on wood it doesn't happen...but sometimes bad things happen in bunches (ask the Bobcats). The Hawks need to get a player asap. As it stands now, even a minor injury (like out a week with a sprain/strain) would be disasterous. Can't play JChill at PG...

This will give Ivey and Salim major minutes and help develop their games more.

However, this is going to hurt in the WIN column. Lue really provided experience and leadership at key moments in several of our wins.

I would like to see what Ivey could/would do with major minutes at the point. Delk may have to play also.

This injury shouldn't prompt any desperate trades or moves. We don't need to make any moves because of this injury.

Quote:

This will give Ivey and Salim major minutes and help develop their games more...Delk may have to play also.

...This injury shouldn't prompt any desperate trades or moves. We don't need to make any moves because of this injury.

Well I agree that the minutes will be good for them (or at least telling), and that nothing desperate needs to happen (like a big trade). But don't the Hawks at last need to bring in a 10-day guy? Delk likley can't play because he's probably still on double-secret probabtion for that toga party.

The Hawks are going to get smoked tonight. they were just starting to play better basketball also.

if the Hawks brass had any common sense they would activate Delk and put him on the floor. He'll look good out there all things considered and will have some trade value if nothing else to be added as filler.

alas, the Hawks brass seems to have no direction however.

Quote:

if the Hawks brass had any common sense they would activate Delk and put him on the floor. He'll look good out there all things considered and will have some trade value if nothing else to be added as filler.

I don't mean to jump the thread, but a quick Delk question without starting a new one:

Did I read right that Delk's contract had a "player option" for this year at approx. $3.5mil (and his refusal to give that up is what's got him in the management doghouse)? I certainly can't fault a guy for taking that kind of money when it's in his negotiated and signed contract instead of betting on the come. Of course he hawks can legally just sit him...

P.S. - saw on the AJC blog that he's listed out for the game (foot).

Quote:

JB thinks Salim can play the point. Salim has more turnovers and assists and is shooting 38% from the field over the last 6 weeks. And he doesn't play D as well as Ivey.

I have no idea where JB is coming from sometimes ....actually most of the time.

A rookie point guard is going to have a lot of turnovers..You cant leave a talent like Salim on the bench to play spot duty. It isn't like we are on a playoff run anyway. And I think that even the most ardent Salim detractors would agree that he is a better player than Royal Ivey, and is underrated defensively.