• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here is a novel idea. Lets not make any changes.

capstone21

• Admin

I think with this team healthy, we can compete with any team in the East. We actually have a deep team when you really look at it.

I am not against making some trades to improve the team but if we do we go through the whole players getting use to playing together again.

We ended the season on a high note, players figured out their roles and SAR and JT really stepped it up. The way SAR played after the all star game was that of an all NBA players.

Lets look at the team...JT at the point. I think he has proved that he can run the team and still get his points. He is probably on of the most underated players in the league right now. He won't be next year. WIth a backup hopfully JV which will be one of the best backups in the league. If we can not sign him than I am happy with EMAIL as strickly a backup. He is a vetern who is big and plays defence. The problem this year was that he was a starter and given starter minutes. As a backup I think he will be fine. Plus everynow and then he will also allow JT to shift over to SG for short periods of time.

DJ finally proved that he can play with the big boys. He started to break out during the final months of the season. He plays d, shoots the 3 and can jump over anybody. I am excited to see what he will do this year. Glover, if he accepts being the backup can really thrive as the 6th man. He can score quickly in bunches and that is excatly what he is needed to do. Hopfully he will work on his defence.

The SF position is an interesting position. IRA came in and guarded the opposing teams top scoring swing man and did a great job. Every team needs that role player and I think that since he is so happy to just be in the league he will gladlly accept that role. A healthy Toni will be a great thing. He will come into the game and completly change the focus, forceing teams to change the way they were playing us. CC is a ball of energy too.

PF is SARs. I rate him with the best pfs in the league. He will take this team to the playoffs this year. This is saying the team will be healthy but no one can predict this but Hendu is one of the best backup pfs in the league. We complain about him but if he had a small contract this forum would be singing his praises. He can play...rebound, score when needed and coming off the bench he is a great option. Hanno can fill in some nice minutes too.

Once again this is thinking we are healthy. Theo is our Ben Wallace. If he comes back, consider that our impact player. We suddenly have a great defensive center to fill the lane. We will be hard to score on then. Nazr like Hendu is a great option for us off the bench. With Theo getting hurt is helped him to develop his game but it also showed that he will be better asa backup. Leon Smith could become a great player for us too. Time will tell there.

With the 37 pick I would draft Vincent Yarbourgh. He has to much potential to pass up on with a 37th pick. If he does nto work out oh well it was the 37th pick after all.

Look at this team, deep at every position, plus almost every player can play more than one position. I think basically by adding Theo and a healthy Toni, growth of DJ, Ira for a full season, SAR being the superstar, the bench accepting their roles and JT finally at the point we are an East team to reckon with. Look at Detroit and Boston. We are more talented than them already. I don't see why we cannot duplicate their seasons.

JT/Email(JV)

DJ/DG

Ira/Toni/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr/Leon

not looking too bad in my opinion. I think there will be some tweaking to the roster but Babs shouldn't make a deal just to make a deal. If we can't get what we're looking for, we should just stand pat and see if trade prospects look better around the All Star break. I think continuity will help this team as much as anything anyway.

First Email's defense is overrated.With him at PG we were

the worst defensive team in the league.Obviousally that

is not all his fault...but he takes a few charges but that

is about ti.

Ben Wallace is way better than Theo with more blocks/rebounds/

defense/steals.The only thing Theo has him in is a few points

extra.

JT had a good second half I don't get the feeling his full potential

has been seen yet.Well I know it hasn't because he hasn't even

played PG for a whole season.

Shareef struggled alittle as the season wore down,We also mixed

up his post and perimeter shooting aswell due to Shareef wearing

down.I think another post player we could use.

But I think your wrong about improving...There are teams that are

going to be improved.To say a 33 win team doesn't need any

adjustments is crazy.

• Admin

SAR wore down because, due to injuries he had to carry the team the whole year. That would wear anyone down.

We are making adjustments to the team. Theo is a hugh adjustment being made. It is almost like we are acquiring him this summer to play for the Hawks at Center without losing anybody since he really (3 games don't count) has not played for us yet. Wallace is a much better rebounder but I think Theo is just as good a defender and could problably make a simular impact on our team.

Plus Ira for a whole season is an adjustment too.

Email will be fine if he is not playing starters minutes in my opinion. He is thought of very highly in the league for his d.

We were a 33 win team but the majority of our loses came before the all star break. At the very end of the season the players were wore down too which could have contributed to the extra loses. If we played the whole season the way we played after the all star break we would have been over .500. Plus add Theo, healthy Toni, and a team that has now played together for a season to the mix and we will be even better.

I do agree with you about SAR, I think he should stay in the post rather than playing a permimeter game.

Email will be fine if he is not playing starters minutes in

my opinion. He is thought of very highly in the league for

his d."

I don't think he is very highly thought off....We all know

why he opted to stay...because he wouldn't have a job

elsewhere if he didn't.....

I question our potential for years to come.Teams will get

better,but other than DJ we have no one we can count

on for huge development for the future.Even if we make

the playoffs we are sure to get replaced in a few years

by temas like the Bulls and perhaps the Wizards IF Kwame

Brown develops.

This teams was middle offensive,low defense,low rebounding(Theo

doesn't fix this problem)We still have ALOT of things to get better

on.Can we?yeah...will we??I dunno....

we go again.

In reply to:

Ben Wallace is way better than Theo with more blocks/rebounds/

defense/steals.The only thing Theo has him in is a few points

extra.

Well lets look at this shall we. Since Ben had by far his best year last year, I think its only fair to use Theos last healthy season, 2 years ago with Philly when he got hurt and then traded to us. Lets compare the stats of those years, because we certainly cant use his 3 games this past year considering he was hurt and thats nowhere near enough games to count. Anyways......

Theo

PPG - 12.6

RPG - 8.5

BPG - 3.74

SPG - .60

Wallace

PPG - 7.6

RPG - 13.0

BPG - 3.48

SPG - 1.73

Okay, so Ben averages one more steal and 4.5 rebounds per game more than Theo. However, only 1.5 of those were offensive rebounds, which means he generated 1.5 more shot attempts per game than Theo does for his team on the offensive end. Since the Pistons averaged shooting 45% for the season, you have to figure that they would make .75 shots, or slightly less. That would give his team about 1.5 points more per game. Since Theo averages 5 more points per game, that closes that gap to 3.5 more points. Theo also averages .26 more blocks per game than Ben does. So, that means that Theo allows half a point less by way of blocks per game than Ben does, since .26 is roughly a quarter of a block, or a discounting of 2 points for the other team. A quarter of 2 points would be .5 points. Now, that puts Theo back to 4 points more per game for his team. Ben averages about a steal more per game than Theo does however, so he is generating one more attempt for his team and taking away one attempt from the opposition. Since I am going with an average of about 50% success rates on shots as a team, that means that his team would score 1 more PPG and the other team would lose 1 more PPG. Thats a 2 ppg difference, bringing Theos lead down to 2 PPG more that he generates for his team.

So, Scrooge, can you please show me how Ben is way better than Theo with more blocks (LIE!)? How is he better with defense? Please break something down to me using intelligence to show how Wallace is better than Theo, because I would love to read it. Try to use stats and not just well he is better cause I think he is.

Well for the first thing....Ben Wallace is alot small and the

fact that he is what 3 or 4 inches shorter and gets nearly

5RPG more is funny...He gets more steals,5RPG more,he is

a tougher player,he plays basically every day.Ben is better

in ever way besides Scoring.

You can try all this stuff you want about 1 extra shot attempt

more,but you can look at the stats and see who is better.I've

seen them both play(although Ben Wallace alittle more)and it

is clear Ben Wallace is better.Sheesh!Ben just done something

this year that VERY FEW players have ever done....lead the

league in rebounds and blocked shots.Has Theo ever done that?

No he hasn't.

Ben is 6'8 and Theo is 6'11?And you try to use .24BLK.lol Ben is

a better hustle player,better rebounder,better steals,more

reliable,better team leadership,better defensive awareness.

What have you proven wrong?You have said Shareef is a top

10 player,but you seem to be the only one that feels this

way, and when I asked you to give me reasons why Shareef is

a top 10 player you couldn't even reply.

Maybe I went slighty overboard on the A-Rod thing,but I still

feel Jeter deserves it more just for the fact that what he does

actually counts for something besides a stat sheet.He contributes

to winning, while A-Rod contributes to losing...Doesn't matter if

it is his fault or not....He hits homers that will mean nothing when

it gets to September besides on a baseball card or a stat sheet.

So tell me what you have proven wrong?

Was it the Nique thing?What did you prove wrong there?

I'm really curious at what you have prove me wrong on.

Official height and weight for both players from NBA.com

Wallace 6'9 240 Click here if you dont believe me

Ratliff 6'10 230 Click here if you dont believe me

So, Ratliff is 1 inch taller and 10 lbs lighter. I would say that those easily cancel eachother out, if not giving Ben an advantage for being stockier.

Everything else you stated in your posts, as usual is based on your highly undereducated opinion and not on fact, which is what the world likes to base things on.

With the SAR thing, I replied to your fruitless posts several times. You backed up your <surprise> OPINIONS with absolutely zero facts <surprise again>, while I showed you statistically why SAR is the better player. All you could argue is that PP has taken his team farther and SAR is a loser. Once again you are living your life based on your opinion and not fact and on what a TEAM has done, and not what a PLAYER has done when comparing PLAYERS.

Its really getting tiring showing you time and time again how wrong you are, backing up my points with facts so from now on I am just going to let you think you are right by not taking the time to try and educate you when its obvious that its not helping. I guess the school system in Dallas ends shortly after 5th grade doesnt it?

Sorry I was a inch off....Good job there Jason.

With the SAR thing, I replied to your fruitless posts

several times. You backed up your OPINIONS

with absolutely zero facts , while I showed

you statistically why SAR is the better player. All you could

argue is that PP has taken his team farther and SAR is a loser.

Once again you are living your life based on your opinion and

not fact and on what a TEAM has done, and not what a PLAYER

has done when comparing PLAYERS.

I backed it up plenty,who other than you ranks Reef a top 10

player?You were unable to answer that.Who was 3rd in the

league in scoring?Who is considered one of the best defensive

SF/SG's in the NBA?Who was a starter on the All-Star team?

Who lead his teams to more wins?Who got more steals?Who

gets to the foul line more?Who is more clutch in the 4th period?

Who lead the NBA in points in the 4th period?What does Shareef

do better?rebound by about 2 boards a game more.He is a freakin

PF so he is supposed to get more of those than a swingman.PP

as a swingman even averages as many Blocks as Shareef.

When you're bias a** comes to senses with these facts maybe you

will be better.I go plenty on facts,when Van Horn averaged 20PPG

and 9RPG was he a top 10 player that season?

I have destroyed you're arguement on this so bad that it isn't

even funny anymore.Go look on the stat sheet and that even

says PP is better.You can go ask people aswell.Shareef's only

advange is 2 boards a game,but I think PP defense and 5PPG

more aswell as more steals covers that.

Go ahead and whine again about how I am being bias....Bias

of what?The dude isn't even on a team I really like.

"Dallas ends shortly after 5th grade doesnt it? "

I didn't go to school here,but seeing the people around here I would

say that is likely.

Just FYI - it's long been reported, and admitted, that Wallace is actually just a shade over 6'7. There have been several articles posted on the fact, including statements by Wallace affirming the fact. Also, he has a verticle of about 41'', that's how he gets the rebounds. Playing PF (he does not play center), he comes from the weakside for a lot of blocks. I'm not taking anything away from his game, he's a very good player with tons of heart...

Dude that game was a fluke.Just like Jamison/Tony Delk/Willie

Burton and Cliff Robinson.I'm more likely to take it seriousally

when Iverson/Carter and even Paul Pierce do it.

So a fluke game is you're arguement?HAHAHAHAHA!

I like the picture though.I hope you really don't expect that to

piss me off.

"I think Ben is a great player and I would love to have him, but I

wouldnt take him over a healthy Theo ever."

Well that's you....I'd rather have the defensive player of the year/

leading shotblocker/leading rebounder.Ben Wallace would fix our

rebounding woes and Theo's lousy 8 boards a game can't do that.

Where you gonna play him? At Center or PF so Reef has to play the SF...then who's gonna play center full time? Besides that, let's not forget that Theo was leading the league in blocks the prior to being injured, was voted onto the starting lineup of the East and would have been, in all honesty, at least in the top 3 for defensive player of the year, if not the winner of the award.

Theo is still a weak rebounder....8boards in 36MPG is nothing

all that great.Theo only played half the season so he lead the

league in for half a season.Dale Davis also made the allstar

team,but like THeo he isn't a Allstar year in and year out.

Don't get me wrong,everyone wants a HEALTHY Theo on

their team,but Ben Wallace would be better suited for the

teams lack of rebounding.We lack rebounding more than

scoring.

I have to disagree with your stat breakdown. First, you pretend that offensive rebounds are the only valuable ones. (Don't believe me? Look, you didn't even factor defensive boards into your analysis!)

You argue that offensive rebounds are worth a shot attempt each, and you seem to imply that defensive rebounds are worth nothing. This is just not true. Rebounds, offensive or defensive, are worth a possession to the rebounding team. It's hard to convert that into points exactly, because you don't necessarily get a shot attempt with every possession...you might turn it over. You might say that an offensive rebound is more important because the boarding team gets another shot, but by symmetry, a defensive board takes a shot away from the other team by denying it an offensive board.

Next, you argue that a .25 blocked shot is equal to half a point. I don't understand why you assume that a blocked shot would have necessarily gone in had it not been blocked. True, shots that get blocked are typically close range, and therefore, high percentage shots. Those type of shots have a higher make rate than others, but still not 100% by any means.

Finally, I have to disagree that a steal should be counted twice, as it 'takes away an attempt from the one team and generates one for the other'. Wha? Let's say the ball hadn't been stolen. After the shot attempt, the team who would've stolen gets the ball back anyway, as they would've had they stolen it. Therefore, they do steal an attempt from the other team, but don't generate one for themselves that they wouldn't have had. Really, a steal isn't much different from a defensive rebound as it denies the other team a chance to shoot. It is a little better, because stolen balls generally result in high percentage shots for the stealing team than do defensive rebounds.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

Dude that game was a fluke.Just like Jamison/Tony Delk/Willie

Burton and Cliff Robinson.

Scoring 50 is not a fluke. Jamison did it 2 games in a row... once against the mighty lakers. Fluke?? Delk also did it and followed it up with another big scoring output.

SAR is a player. He is capable of putting up 50 everytime out.

It's a fluke plain and simple.Reefs career high before that

was 39.IT was a fluke

"Jamison did it 2 games in a row... once against the mighty

lakers. Fluke?? Delk also did it and followed it up with another

big scoring output."

So what?These guys play on bad teams and had a couple of

good games.They aren't the threats on offense like Carter/

Iverson/PP and those guys are.They aren't explosive.I watched

the whole Detroit game and it was a fluke plain and simple.He

will never come close to 50 again.Shareef lacks the atheletic

ability to be that type of guy.

Btw,was Delks "ther"big game near 50 points?

And look at Jamison,he slipped back like 6PPG this year.Last

year was a outstanding year that he likely will not repeat.

When Iverson/Carter did it and when Nique/MJ would do it

you know it's for real because they are/were explosive scorers.

IMHO Shareef is better than Jamison/Burton/Delk/Cliff players,

but it was ONE GAME.If I remember right,the next game out

Shareef didn't do very well againest Ben Wallace.

Normally when Shareef is at his highest level he is a 35 point

threat at best(which obviousally isn't bad)but likely will not get

that close to 50 points again.