• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Keep Al until this summer.

RAHMOR

Quote:

And did you notice who Detroit chose to attack at the end of the game?

They chose to give the ball to prince because he was the hot offensive player for them on that night.

When the Lakers play the Spurs, Kobe attacks Bruce Bowan all night long. He is their best defensive player.

It had nothing to do with Chillz and everything to do with Prince.

Quote:

They chose to give the ball to prince because he was the hot offensive player for them on that night.

He is their 4th leading scoring but goes for 29 against the Hawks. I wonder why.

YOu're right. The fact that he was going up against statistically the worst defender probably had nothing to do with it.

Here is my problem with your stance about Childress' defense. I have seen you argue for Ivey and against Harrington using these stats (I agree on both counts).

However when it comes to Childress you seem to be trying to dismiss them.

So are these /- stats legit or not?

Stats....

I mean, their great if your a fantasy geek or mathmatician...

When I question how good a player is, I dont go to 82games.com to get the square root of the minutes played verses ratios of ft% divided by blah blah blah...I just watch the dude play. Does he look like a good player? Can he defend? Can he shoot? Does he make his team better? Its pretty simple to figure out. Stats are about as overrated as your daily rebuttals to EVERYTHING Diesel says.

Seriously, anyone ragging on Chilldress really hasn't watched him play this year. The kid has been great. I've had a chance to watch some of the away announcers, and they rave about him. He has a chance to be, at the very least, one of the best 6th men in the NBA if hes not already. No way you even think about trading him, unless we're getting something great in return.

Also, if you're gonna dismiss his improved shooting, on limited shot attempts then you have to blame his low scoring numbers on that too.

Frankly I have always been suspicious of +/- stats. But Nic is very high on them so I have been paying more attention to them lately. Which is why I am puzzled about the way he views them with regards to Childress.

I really have no problem with the way Childress has been playing overall.

#6 picks in draft since 1990: (Ron of Maexico thinks you supposed to get a superstar with #6 pick well here some superstars that are taken with #6 pick) Do u even know some of them

1990-Kendall Gill

1991-Doug Smith

1992-Tom Gugliotta

1993-Calbert Cheaney

1994-Sharone Wright

1995-Bryant Reeves

1996-Antoine Walker

1997-Ron Mercer

1998-Robert Traylor

1999-Wally Szczerbiak

2000-DerMarr Johnson

2001-Shane Battier

2002-Dajuan Wagner

2003-Chris Kaman

2005-Martell Webster

How many of these guys are superstars???