• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

granted this is discussing copyright infringement.

Weez

but I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for programs that would allow me to burn dvd's (obviously I hvae a burner).

I friend suggested that I use 'anydvd' to remove the copyright protection and then use 'clonedvd' to select the parts that I then want to compress to the hd (then using nero to finish things off).

Any suggestions on better programs?

IMO by far the best (and now defunct) program for this is DVDDecrypter. It has the ability to remove all protection on DVDs and works for all regions.

You can also use DVDShrink to make the DVDs as small as you want to save to the HD.

Shoot me a PM if you want and I can give you a link to download DVDDecrypter.

• Admin

I still use dvdXcopy. Haven't found a disc that it doesn't work on and it will auto-fit a dvd to your typical single layer dvdr with no quality loss. Keep in mind this is only for personal backups of my vast collection.

For HD backups I prefer divx, much better quality in a more compact package. I can fit 3-4 movies at damn near dvd quality on one dvd. Also handy if you have a player that plays divx/xvid, which I do.

at wally world and its incredible. Now I can download seasons of shows at a very high quality for around 300 megs per episode and watch them on the regular tv with no loss in quality and without having to convert them to a dvd.

I stopped using xcopy because there are a lot of discs that it just cant break the protection on these days, plus its been at least 2 years since the maker of it stopped updating it.