• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big man and point guard

DrReality

How about these deals:

1. Lue and Delk to Detroit for Cato.

2. Trade our second round pick to Nets for Planic.

Fill two positions without giving away any significant resources.

Planic's numbers are not impressive, but he plays behind Kidd. Next to JJ he could blossom.

Kato is a huge guy that could change the make up of our team inside. Any takers?

Well, it will take more than Lue and Delk to get Cato's salary. The only benefit of adding Cato is the fact that his contract ends after this season. IMO, Ty Lue has more value than Kelvin Cato.

I have no doubts that Detroit will be gunning for Ty Lue though. They want a quality back up point guard, and Ty Lue is a quality back up point guard. Detroit will have to give up a first round pick to get him. I'd take their own first round pick, which will be at the end of round one.

if Lue got traded, although he might end up like the Reef/Crawford/Hansen/Mottola/Sheed/JT/etc. fans moved on with their favorite players ... so Exodus would become a Pistons fan I guess.

It wouldnt surprise me one bit to see him moved to the Pistons, but it would have to be a 3 team deal that got us a first rounder or a decent young player in return.

1. Why we would we do that? Cato is an unrestricted free agent after this season, so why not sign him outright then? It's not like we need him for a playoff push. If they want Lue, they'd have to give up more than just Cato. However, I feel Lue would be a great back-up point guard for them.

2. I haven't Planinic play enough to from an opinion about him.

Not really. The more I watch Ivey the more I think he may be a long term answer as a backup point.

I checked his Hollinger stats and his turnover ratio is about half of what it was last year. That is a huge improvement, plus he is shooting better. We already know he is a good defender.

His weakness is as a playmaker, but playing next to JJ compensates for that.

If the Hawks get another pg through the draft or free agency Lue could be the odd man out. His defense is more of a liability this year because teams would much rather attack him than JJ.

The whole reason they resigned Lue was to win more games in the short term. Since the Hawks have so many young guys the logic was that they needed Lue's clutch play. However JJ has certainly stepped up and the young guys seem to be growing up fast.

The win over the Lakers was something that never would have happened a couple of months ago without Lue. They would not have been able to hold up at the end.

Hawks - Lakers - Pistons

Hawks Trade:

Tony Delk

Hawks Receive:

Pistons 2nd Round Pick

Slava Medvedenko

Lakers Trade:

Devean George

Slava Medvedenko

Lakers Receive

Amir Johnson

Kelvin Cato