• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Well that sucked, Smoove proved his critics right

Admin

when they talk about him being mentally weak and the TNT crew nailed it on the head when they mentioned that him losing his dribble on that first dunk took him out of it. What was up with the tape also? Was he really planning to try that? Nobody can make that dunk so I dont know what he was thinking. This BS with giving the midget big points just because he is short and can dunk sucks too. Iggy is the only one who has been impressive so far.

Quote:

when they talk about him being mentally weak and the TNT crew nailed it on the head when they mentioned that him losing his dribble on that first dunk took him out of it. What was up with the tape also? Was he really planning to try that? Nobody can make that dunk so I dont know what he was thinking. This BS with giving the midget big points just because he is short and can dunk sucks too. Iggy is the only one who has been impressive so far.

To be fair, Spud won for the same reasons.

honestly, i'd bet money Smith wins next year hands down. i can guarantee you that he put that tape down for one reason only- to jump from that line. i've racked my brain and cannot think of another reason why...

his dribble threw him off and when he tried again, he timed it a bit off but he decided to go ahead and hit just a long dunk. the problem is two things: 1- he started with that dunk last year, and 2- most importantly, he set the stage up with an incredible feat and "settled" for just the long dunk. that gave him a smaller score...

his 2nd dunk would have seemed better if he had chance to go to the next round, hence less hype getting ready for it...

if he hadnt had that mental error and decided to settle for the long dunk, he had a good chance of winning..

but i think he pulls if off next year....

honestly if he could pull that dunk off and then possibly a 360 from the free throw line (the one i keep waiting for as the next great dunk in the competition), he could honestly have the best dunk competition win off all time...what are you thoughts on that?

Maybe Smoove should put alot of effort into learning a postup game, learning to dribble, and learning to hit the open jumper and quit worrying about dunks..Plain old dunks work just fine in a game..I could care less if he ever even enters this meaningless contest again..It was a foregone conclusion that Nate Robinson was going to win, after all, he is short and from NY.

He got jobbed and Iggy got robbed. But they both had no chance and didn't really need to show up, because I told everyone I knew that Nate just has to dunk in front of everyone and he'd win. They made it too obvious when they scored the finals as a tie after talking to each other and then putting the cards up. That was only topped by the horrible scoring in the dunk off with Iggy coming up one point short after Nate's 20 tries.

Sucks but the little got tried like hell and still put all of his dunks down clean after all those tries, including that Hell-a-fied dunk over Webb.

Smoove def got robbed. A two handed dunk from the free throw line gets a 41? First of all, has anyone ever attempted that in the dunk contest and second of all, how did he make it look so easy?

The tape was misleading but how can ppl ignore the fact that he did a two handed slam from the free throw line. The announcers didn't even acknowledge this.

Contest was definitely very biased towards Robinson and I think they jobbed Smoove because they feared he would beat the crowd favorite. Imagine what kind of dunks Smoove could have had up his sleeve.

BTW, I hope he gets invited back next year. Seeing how young he is, he should still qualify. They screwed him over, they better at least let him go back.

Quote:

Maybe Smoove should put alot of effort into learning a postup game, learning to dribble, and learning to hit the open jumper and quit worrying about dunks..

I agree. He was robbed this year, but I'd just as soon like him to quit with the dunk contest and move on to focusing on his all around game