• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

for the JJ doubters

Dukegotgame

yet the same doubters praise adam morrison, someone who plays aganist far inferior talent than JJ? what am i missing? JJ has been playing aganist bigger and more athletic players all his life. he is playing aganist NBA Caliber athletes every night, yet he still is un guardable. He is hitting jumpers in people's faces off the dribble, driving, making nice passes... what more do you want?

Quote:

he is playing aganist NBA Caliber athletes every night, yet he still is un guardable.

No he is not. He is playing against NCAA athletes every night, very few of which will be NBA starters.

But morrisson's has much more of an NBA ready body than JJ does. Somehow I doubt you would be making this thread if JJ played for UNC

Quote:

Quote:

he is playing aganist NBA Caliber athletes every night, yet he still is un guardable.

No he is not. He is playing against NCAA athletes every night, very few of which will be NBA starters.

But morrisson's has much more of an NBA ready body than JJ does. Somehow I doubt you would be making this thread if JJ played for UNC

the fact that you have to bring up my college team only says you have nothing to dispute what i say. nobody questions jj basketball skill, they question his atheltic ability. there are many players in the ACC who are NBA material in terms of pure athleticism. They just do not have the basketball skills of someone like jj. I find it hard to believe that someone who is 6 foot 8 and gets 1 or 2 more rebounds than jj a night in the WACK LEAGUE is that much more "NBA READY" phyiscally

JJ's problem is that he's a bit of a 'tweener -- he doesn't have PG skills, but at 6'4 he's a bit undersized as an NBA shooting guard. Because he's a little slow of foot it will be tough for him to gaurd much quicker points, but he'll be undersized (and still a little slow) against NBA 2-guards also. He may also have a problem getting his shot off against longer, more athletic 6'7 players on a nightly basis.

Morrison, on the other hand, is 6'8 and therefore has a natural position in the NBA -- small forward. He will still be slow of foot, but at least he won't be undersized. Plus, SF's are typically a little slower than SG's so it will be easier to hide Morrison on defense. I was once a JJ basher, but I'm coming around to him. I just don't think he's a high lottery pick like Morrison.

Quote:

JJ's problem is that he's a bit of a 'tweener -- he doesn't have PG skills, but at 6'4 he's a bit undersized as an NBA shooting guard. Because he's a little slow of foot it will be tough for him to gaurd much quicker points, but he'll be undersized (and still a little slow) against NBA 2-guards also. He may also have a problem getting his shot off against longer, more athletic 6'7 players on a nightly basis.

Morrison, on the other hand, is 6'8 and therefore has a natural position in the NBA -- small forward. He will still be slow of foot, but at least he won't be undersized. Plus, SF's are typically a little slower than SG's so it will be easier to hide Morrison on defense. I was once a JJ basher, but I'm coming around to him. I just don't think he's a high lottery pick like Morrison.

True

Quote:

exactly...jj's got a great game no doubt but even though his quickness is "servicable" it's not any better than any average ncaa player...his is a one-dimensional player NBA-wise and that's his incredible shot...

i think at best he could be reggie miller IF he can run around like reggie did..i don't like the comparisons as much to rip hamilton because rip isn't a great 3 point threat.

There was a small PG who came to Atlanta on one of those

10 day contracts a couple of years ago.

Don't remember his name. Someone else then signed him

and I believe he finished the season with this other

team.

He was really quick, although small. A lot of the Hawk's

fans really liked him at the time. Any one remember him?

Know where he is now?? I'd like to see him with our

current roster.

confused.gif