• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nets at Hawks

Popeye

• Premium Member

The PGless squad did very well down the stretch.

Al on VC twice... 2 stops.

Jsmoove with the Jumpers that Sent Mark Jackson home.

JChillz with his three pointer...

Much better play for our hawks.

As we continue to "grow up" we become harder and harder to stop.

All I know is right before the final posession for us I told my friend "we better not settle for a long jumper by smith this time". Then I cringed as that very scenario unfolded. Then I jumped and screamed along with everyone else...

Great shot, but we need to learn to get it inside when it counts, or at least get jumpers from our jumpshooters.

I do love the fact that Smoove is eager to take big shots though. I don't think we should be going to him quite so much in the clutch, but I love his attitude

Quote:

The PGless squad did very well down the stretch.

Al on VC twice... 2 stops.

Jsmoove with the Jumpers that Sent Mark Jackson home.

JChillz with his three pointer...

Much better play for our hawks.

As we continue to "grow up" we become harder and harder to stop.

One word.....inconsistent

I think I know what is going on with Smith. He obviously worked hard on his shot over the summer and probably makes them consistently in practice. However he is struggling in games. I think he is hoping to make them rather than expecting to make them, and there is a big difference.

I think the coaching staff has decided to give him the green light and live with his forced shots and misses for awhile. They know how valuable Smith could be if he can hit those shots with regularity. If he plays the 4 and big guys have to come out to guard him he will be able to get past them off the dribble easily.

I was watching a Suns game earlier in the year and one of the announcers had spoken to Eddie House. Eddie was saying how nice it was to play in Phoenix because you can take any shot you want without looking over your shoulder. They are willing to live with some bad shots because they think they will shoot better overall if they don't undermine player's confidence by criticizing shot selection.

I think that is the approach they are taking with Smith and I think it is the right one in the long run. In the short run things could be ugly at timess.

Quote:

I think I know what is going on with Smith. He obviously worked hard on his shot over the summer and probably makes them consistently in practice. However he is struggling in games. I think he is hoping to make them rather than expecting to make them, and there is a big difference.

I think the coaching staff has decided to give him the green light and live with his forced shots and misses for awhile. They know how valuable Smith could be if he can hit those shots with regularity. If he plays the 4 and big guys have to come out to guard him he will be able to get past them off the dribble easily.

I was watching a Suns game earlier in the year and one of the announcers had spoken to Eddie House. Eddie was saying how nice it was to play in Phoenix because you can take any shot you want without looking over your shoulder. They are willing to live with some bad shots because they think they will shoot better overall if they don't undermine player's confidence by criticizing shot selection.

I think that is the approach they are taking with Smith and I think it is the right one in the long run. In the short run things could be ugly at timess.

Yea you right i noticed lately that everyone is getting that green light to shoot even Zaza tried few jumpers tonite.

"It's time to grow up man. We've all got to grow up around here," said Hawks guard Joe Johnson, who was on the giving end of the last two of the aforementioned shots (Harrington hit Smith with the pass for the shot that tied the game in regulation) and finished the night with 19 points and 11 assists. "If any of those guys are open and I'm getting doubled, I'm definitely going to pass them the ball. I believe in them. They just have to believe in themselves."

I did notice that JJ wasn't very aggressive in looking for his shot tonight.

"[Hawks] Coach [Mike Woodson] is putting a lot of confidence in me and Chil and that's what we needed all along," said Smith, who finished with 19 points, nine rebounds, five assists and four blocks. "He's letting us play and letting us play our game and we're reaping the benefits of playing our game."

• Premium Member

I think it's good that Smoove is building up confidence in his shot and the team is starting to have more confidence in his shot. I was thinking watching the game last night....

Why doesn't Smoove dunk it no more?

I wonder if this slam dunk championship has gone to his head and now he's trying to prove that he's everything else but. I think that's good to an extent, however, I think once Smoove finds the medium... Being able to drive and Dunk or pull up and hit the outside shot, he's gonig to be Vince Carter dangerous.

Great end to the game and great win Hawks!...but a bit wierd what with the phantom non-over-and-back call. and then just as I figured we were safe as far as going to overtime Neal yells that we won and I'm thinking "man i gotta pay better attention". JChill tosses away another key inbounds pass (but I don't call it his fault...not enough movement)...but we overcame all the bad stuff and beat a good team grin.gif

• Premium Member

'

I was mad as hell at that call. I mean it was obvious that JKidd ran into Vince and knocked the ball out with no intervening from Chillz. There were a couple of bad calls down the stretch.. I'm just happy they didn't give RJ the Clear Path Call.

Quote:

'

I was mad as hell at that call. I mean it was obvious that JKidd ran into Vince and knocked the ball out with no intervening from Chillz.

And the Ref was right there i can't believe he missed that

That was obvious, i am so glad we won so that ref can kiss our a$$.