• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Realistic Offseason...

A quick offseason plan popped into my head today, and I think it is actually realistic when you think about it.

DRAFT:

Lottery Pick:

Shelden Williams,PF/C,Duke

2nd Round Pick:

Terrell Everrett, PG, Oklahoma

FREE AGENTS:

Al Harrington, SF/PF, Atlanta Hawks

Nene, PF/C, Denver Nuggets

TRADES:

NYK Get:

SF/PF Al Harrington

ATL Gets:

PG/SG Steve Francis

PF/C Channing Frye

Yeah Ny won't part with Frye but they might give you Marbury for Harrington. I would rather see if we could get Ben Gordon, filler, and a future #1 from Chicago for Harrington and Salim Stoudamire. If the Bulls cannot land Lemarcus Aldrige in the draft they might have renewed interest in getting Big Al.

It's the future 1strounder in 2007 that we want the most. Benny would just be a nice addition to the package. I think Ben is playing more of the Offguard position than PG. Still he is more of a consistent shooter than Salim. Salim is a poor man's version of Gordon. Chicago still might do it even if they land the #1pick. They will have 2picks in this upcoming draft and might be willing to part with the pick in 2007 because they want a more seasoned young veteran in Harrington than some "young pup" coming out of college. The Bulls are looking to win now.

• Premium Member

I proposed this trade before the deadline (minus the first rounder that Chicago would be giving up) and checked the Chicago boards to find out their opinion. My trade was shot down quickly and I was almost laughed off the board. So, unless something changes in the final months of the season, I do not think that Chicago is going to trade Gordon. Many Chicago fans have started to view him as their best player.

With that said, I really like this trade and think it would be great for the Hawks. Maybe something will change Chicago's mind and get them to do this trade (even if we don't get the first rounder). Ben Gordon would be a great compliment to JJ in my opinion.

• Premium Member

They seemed to be fairly intelligent. Most of the guys on their board seemed to think that Gordon is going to be a VERY good player and do not think he is worth giving up for Al Harrington. Others just said that they could sign Al in the offseason without giving up anything. But overall, most fans explained why they felt Gordon was a better option. And thinking back, I don't think a single fan was willing to do the trade.

The trade that I had proposed was:

Al/Salim/Delk for Gordon/Piatkowski/Sweetney