• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Theo takes N.O. to a block party

hds428

Man, 16 points and 6 blocks in 24 minutes! I don't think anyone thought Theo would be this good. JT struggled with his shot but still racked up 9 dimes, Dickau looks to be settling in very nicely and GRob continues to impress with 18pts 5 asts and 3 steals (he can't play D??). Good game tonight on the road, I can't wait for NJ!!

A couple of guesses and observations:

1) GRob's D has been discussed over and over, with most Bucks' fans saying he's at least average. We know that he led their teams in steals last year (and in other years as well if I'm not mistaken). My guess is that much of his media tag as a poor defensive player has to do with his never having had a semblance of a front-court player, esp. a defensively minded one (perhaps save Baker several years back, depending on how you look at it). Having someone who's got your back makes it a lot easier to take a gamble on a steal. 6 BLOCKS, 24 MINUTES!

2) JT is going to have to adjust, yet again, to know when to take his shots. Obviously he had a great pg night with nine dimes and zero to's in 31 minutes...but with SAR out, I would of liked to have seen him try and shoot his way out of the slump he appeared to be in (by the box score). But then again, perhaps he said, well, they're not fallin for me tonight, so I'll just make sure my boys get 'em.

3) We got killed on the boards but team D/ Theo's ability to change shots resulted in NO shooting a terrible percentage (if he blocked six, how many did he alter or make guys decide not to drive the lane?...did anyone see this game?).

4). They were without Mash and Baron, we didn't have SAR. I don't really care, it still feels nice to win, preseason or no.

It's not like you did anything but serve up an obscure jewel that COULD have been found by anyone else using careful, thoughtful examination of the boxscore.

Maybe Diesel's most Deke trade hatable playa in Theo was the cause of all those JT Dimes. Maybe Diesel's most hated Sg in Ira...maybe HIS 6-8 shooting was a result of a few of those passes. If JT is making these guys not know for their offesne into 14-20 shooters in but 20 minutes each then is there a "hard assist" collumn?

W

Playing behind Theo this year seems to have inspired Nazr

to new heights. As I listened on WSB radio, I heard

more than once, "Ball swatted away by Nazr."

He was apparently covering the passing lanes. Stats show

he had 3-4 shooting, 1-2 from the line, 3 rebounds and

3 STEALS !!

Great backup for Theo, who played GREAT game last night.

Newble, who "can't score" but is only good on the

defensive end, shot well last night, thank you.

J.T. had a cold shooting hand, SAR didn't play and Hawks

still won handily. I know Hornets were short handed,

but they are said to be very deep in talent from their

bench. How many games did we win last season with

J.T. cold and SAR out of the lineup?

Different season and a different [and better] Hawks

team for this season.

Gray Mule