• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Maybe this is the way...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think with Coangelo coming in, things are going to be interesting.

He likes to look first at the player. Not how the player plays, but what kind of attitude the player has. This is why I feel that Mike James may be a goner.

I also have to think that Chris Bosh may be put on the blocks..

So you are right, Villanueva is prolly there to stay.

I say we concentrate our efforts to get Bosh. If Bosh is still unhappy, I know Coangelo will trade him... Just like JJ.

This may be our chance.

I would give up Marvin for Bosh.

• Moderators

I assume you guys both know that Magloire is from Toronto and is hugely popular in Toronto. He would be a big addition to that team and someone they would love to have more than just as a "centre."

Quote:

I assume you guys both know that Magloire is from Toronto and is hugely popular in Toronto. He would be a big addition to that team and someone they would love to have more than just as a "centre."

yeah I know but the thing is Magloire is already talking about his next contrat and how he wants the max. He will be 30 and looking for a contract to pay him max cash until he's 36. When I've talked to toronto fans about him they say that there's no way they want him for that price. I guess in the end it's Colangelo's decision, so who knows. He did pay for an old Nash when most thought it was silly. He didn't give up one of their 2 young studs to do so

There is no way they give up bosh though.

• Premium Member

He has always traded Unhappy star players.

Earlier this season, Bosh asked to be traded. Bosh has stated many times that he wants out of Toronto and that when his contract is up, he's gone.

You can't make a "foundation" with a player that doesn't want to play on that team...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I would give up Marvin for Bosh.

I would too, in a heartbeat. I'd SNT Al and include Marvin & Salim for Bosh.

Me too.

You guys are crazy. I'd love to get Bosh but he's expressed his desire to leave Toronto since last year. I doubt it would take that much to get him.

• Premium Member

That's kinda where I am in my thinking.

I think that the longer Toronto holds on to Bosh, the less they will be able to get back in trade because he wants to leave.

I would think that Marvin and maybe our 2nd rounder can get Bosh.

I don't know how Colangelo will sell Bosh, but I realize tht there are other teams willing to get into the mix. The team I most fear is Milwaukee.

If they give up Magloire and their first... I think that's a done deal.

Quote:

Toronto can offer him a 6 yr deal this summer. He becomes rFA in 2007 summer.

Let's do a SNT with them. Al and a 1st rounder for Bosh. We get our post presence. They move Villy to C.

Or to piggyback off Diesel's idea...

MIL trades Magloire to TOR

MIL gets Al from ATL

ATL trades Al to MIL

ATL gets Bosh from TOR

TOR trades Bosh to ATL

TOR gets Magloire from MIL

I'm sure there will prolly be other pieces in the mix to make numbers work, but since the three players are all wanting to get contracts worked out, each team can give the 6th year and send the players on their merry way.

• Premium Member

Namely prolly our first rounder.

I also doubt that Milwaukee would be willing to Sign Al. Their salary structure is already bad enough with Redd being maxed out. I think it would be easier to send them Marvin.

His salary is really nice. He's signed for 4 yrs. He's got a lot of potential.

I think the trade would look like this:

Marvin/1st to Milwaukee.

Magloire/1st to Toronto

Bosh to Atanta...

Otherwise, I think Miwaukee happily does:

Magloire/1st to Toronto for Bosh.

The only reason I think Milwaukee would go for above plan is because MWill is a real Sf as opposed to trying to make Bosh into one.

• Premium Member

Toronto will offer Bosh a 6 yr extension this summer. Bosh will say Hell no. Colangelo will start shopping for a good trade of Bosh.

I think Milwaukee has the best trade package if they give up Magloire and thier first. With Bogut and Gadz signed in Milwaukee, their immediate need is Sf and not PF.

I think the Lakers will try to find some way to trade Odom. I think we have already heard Odom for bad contract/Bosh. I doubt that Colangelo gives Odom a look though.