• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bardnani looks like a tall Manu to me

Admin

• Premium Member

Quote:

I wouldn't be opposed to him, if he is far superior to the other talents available, but where does he fit?

Would this mean Smoove playing some center? If Diaw can, why not Smoove?

Why couldn't Bargnani play in the middle?

It seems to me that his game is closest to Dirk than anyone else. I don't know if he's nearly that good, but his game seems to be based on long jumpers, and taking it to the rack after pump fakes. He isn't the anchor in the post that we're looking for, but if he really is close to being as good as Dirk, you can't pass. Impossible to tell from one clip. It'll come down to workouts and such.

I dont think his stroke is as nice as Dirks is. I also think he is far more aggressive taking the ball to the rim, which is why I think he looks like a tall Manu. They have very similar styles to them (at least judging from that video) and a tall Manu would be a great choice IMO ... although I think he will go before we pick.

He is similar to Gasol and Gasol had a good rookie season 17.6ppg and 8.9rpg 2.00bpg. I watched him play few times and he looks more aggresive than Gasol is and they have same body type but Bargnani is 240 already at 19 years old and PAu is 240 right now so Bargnani can get more muscle and strength than Gasol, but it's all about work ethic if he can work on his game he would be better than Gasol and be right up there with Dirk, but he has to work and put some muslce on. If Billy knows for sure that he has good work ethic and is willing to improve there is no way to pass on him and i think Billy will select him if he is the best big man available left (he treaded for Gasol when he was in Memphis), maybe he likes big skilled euros!!!17_1_10.gif

Bargnani looks to be a lot more skilled than Pau Gasol. Pau is one of those players that you don't notice much during the game, but when you look at the box score after the game, you see that he got 23 points, 10 rebounds, and 4 blocks. I say to myself, "Where did that come from?" Pau doesn't have much range on his jump shot and is a below average ball handler, but he's a very smart player that knows where to be at the right time. He's got a very nice jump hook that he's using, and he does a good job of slashing to the basket without the ball. Overall, Tiago Splitter may be more similar to Pau Gasol. I look at Bargnani, and I see a player that is similar to Dirk Nowitzki relative to his size and skill level.

The questions I have about Bargnani are: What is the likelihood of him getting out of his Euroleague contract, and when could he be realistically expected to arrive over here?

If we can't get him immediately, then maybe he'd be worth waiting around for- but I'd almost prefer getting someone who can play right away.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Not what we "need", but he looks pretty awesome.

By that I mean we may need to purge ourselves of one of our young talents, trade Al, and pick up one of the forwards in this draft. After watching the game and short highlights of Bargnani, reading about his top league play, and all, you've got to consider this a go-to player with superstar potential (something Marvin and Childress aren't). He along with Morrison have that.

W