• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: First 10 Games - Predictions

Inside_Man

The reason I posted this poll is that after the last two preseason games I've gotten the feeling that the Hawks are WAY BETTER than even most serious Hawks fans know.

We've essentially improved over last year by 2 all-stars (Dog & Theo) and given up very little to obtain that improvement.

We are starting 4 legitimate ALL-STARS. I think even hawks fans ARE SCARED to think how good this team could be!!!

My GUESS is that the first 10 games are a BIG SURPRISE and we come back from a tough road trip with a comfortably over .500 record. I don't think we wait until January for this team to gel, because the new cogs in the wheel are EXPERIENCED VETS who are already showing that they will hit the floor running (and scoring).

Yeah, I'm rooting for the home team, but barring injuries this '02-'03 Hawks team may be SCARY GOOD.

I gotta believe that other teams are going to be scratching their heads trying to figure out how to stop the BigDogReefJT scoring machine, and if any team does, then Theo and Dion will combine for 35 so we still win anyways.

I'm expecting nights where we BLOW OUT GOOD TEAMS at the phil.

The only risks in my sights are the dreaded injuries or the prospect that those who say Lon can't coach a team out of breakaway warmup pants are right. But I don't think they are.

rant mode off - --- but I am pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The injury thing is my biggest concern really. Lon does'nt worry me, he's shown improvement over last year and has done something that neither Pitino or Floyd could; show marked improvement every year he's been here. IF (and that's a HUGE if) we can stay healthy we'll do much much better than the 42-40 I predicted in my sig line, but I'm forced to temper my enthusiasm with the realiaztion that injuries could play a major role in our success this season. Health, IMO, is the only X factor, and there's just no way to predict that. BTW, you're right, the Hawks, especially Theo, are WAY better than most, if not all of us imagined two months ago. GRob is showing that he can and does do it all, and Theo is just stunning, putting up starter numbers often in very limited minutes. He's literally made my jaw drop on several occasions. I'm pumped too, I'd be thrilled to see us pushing 50 wins in late March (which we very well could be), but they still have to prove that they can stay healthy.

Theo has indeed been very good. He was already good when he played with the sixers and was healthy, I wonder if he has actually improved his game since he trained together with SAR.

JT has been doing quite nicely as well, and Big Dog has shaken of his rust.

We might have a tough start but I still expect a 7-3 start since most teams won't know what hit em since they don't expect to loose from the hawks that easy (or at least that's what I hope).

I worry that lon is going to baby Theo, Sar, and CC for the first few games. I am not sure we are going to get 100%. I feel lon may think it is ok to loose a few games to salvage a healthy team. With that said. I give us a 5-5 because we have the pottential to go a 7-5 but on those close games we lose because lon will not push them.

I agree. The only thing I fear is that these first games will be an important for the pace of the year. If they win a lot of games in the beginning of the season I believe it will help them to believe more in reaching there goal. They are hype now. Go with that. Let that adrenalin flow. Wiith the adrenalin of CC and ham + the tallent of our big three.......Man who could stop us.