• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Will Surprise the NBA Experts

jaywalker72

The national media has it all wrong, and the Atlanta Hawks can’t wait to show them how wrong they are.

Last season, the collective national (and most local) media stopped paying attention to the Hawks after a miserable first couple of months.

After they stopped watching, the Hawks pulled it together, finishing the season with an impressive 19-17 record, not bad for a team left for dead after December.

This season, the talking heads and supposed experts are all spewing the same off-base myths and suppositions about the Hawks based on those first two months, and the players have taken notice.

Jason Walker looks at the myths that define national opinion of the Hawks and why they maybe wrong.

Read the entire article:

http://hawks.realgm.com/index.php

Once again Great article, Jay. I really like that you have great love for the hawks and so do we all in here also. My favorite comment that you wrote in that artcle which is very true is this:

"If he had accomplished that in a different city, say, New York, there would be no discussion about his position, and there would likely be a coronation of Terry as another great young point guard."

This is 100% the truth, even if the Hawks were called the New York Hawks, (which I'm glad they are not) but if they were, I guaranteed they will be considered as one of the best teams of the East, but since they are the Atlanta Hawks they are considered a not playoff bound team.

Well gee, you have the best frontcourt in the East......you have a rising star at the point in JT.....you have a tenadious defender in the perimeter in Ira.....you have the best PF in the East in Reef......One of the league's best SF in Big Dog.....and last but not least possibly the best shotblocker in the league in Theo......and we are not even considered to make the playoffs by many analysts......thats just plain ignorance in their part. Just wait and see, because this team will not make be making early family vacations.

Jay - You are just like our beloved Hawks -- you just

get better and better!!!

Couldn't agree with you more. Starting this week, we

get a chance to start proving the "Experts" wrong.

Gray Mule