• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Randolph Morris

Iman

Randolph is now outta the tournament. I hope he spends some of the rest of his Spring Break hanging out with JSmoove and his other Atlanta NBA friends and spends some time talking with BK. I really didnt see much in Morris in HS or his first year at KY. He seemed to have good post moves but not enough athleticism to make it in the NBA. This year he has changed my mind. He seems to have added around 10 lbs or muscle and also seems much more athletic. I bet he'd test out to be only around 6'10 but with a 7'2 wingspan and good foot speed etc. If he was in the draft this year I'm sure he'd be a late first round pick. He shoots free throws nicely for a bigman and his post offense is exceptional. BK should offer him something around 2 yrs for $3mil total as soon as it's legal.

from watching him lately all I can say is what the hell was he smoking when he declared last year? he's a run of the mill/better than average college big man with no true moves or place on a team lacking 'star power'

he needs to go back to KY for at least another year (as does Rondo).

• Premium Member

Actually, I think Morris' best move would be to go to a pro team as soon as possible. A pro team will either keep him on their practice squad or send him to the DL. Either way it will be better than going back to college and risking injury.

I thought he was much better this season than he was last year..I really wouldn't mind seeing us take a chance on him and sign him to a small deal, maybe something like 2 years and 3 or 3.5 million.(for the entire deal , not per year)..It gives him some security and us a young big body with potential to work with..Tubby Smiths coaching doesn't seem to bring out the best in his players, if anything it seems to stunt their basketball growth.

Wow, that surprises me that only me and Tmac think Morris improved substantially this year. He carried Kentucky this year whereas last year he barely seemed to make a difference on the floor. I'd start him over ZaZa if we had him now. Not that that means that much because I'm not much of a ZaZa fan.

• Moderators

I agree that he significantly improved over last year. However, he still has plenty to work on with his game, especially his rebounding. That is why I would like him to return for another year. I don't see him being an NBA impact player yet if we sign him.

I think he's been a huge underacheiver from day 1, but I give him a pass for his performance this season.

AHF, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he was completely detached from the team from the end of the season until the NCAA gave him clearance this season. He missed a ton of time working with coaches and getting to know his teammates.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well he did when he first started playing. I was expecting him to be completely out of shape, unfocused, and a detriment to the team.

Gave me a little hope about his work ethic.

thus, even if he 'got himeself out of shape' during the summer, which one would think he WOULD NOT have done considering that he was still looking for NBA employment (anyone know when he 'officially' filed for reinstatement by the NCAA?)...

most likely he stayed in game shape the entire time, was definitely around the team during most (if not all) of the pre-season...

yeah, I walk away quite unimpressed and still wonder who he was listening to when he decided to declare. He's lucky to be allowed to play college ball at all.

• Moderators

Quote:

(anyone know when he 'officially' filed for reinstatement by the NCAA?)...

It was done mostly behind the scenes. He was back in school to start the year but it is tough to nail down an official date.

Not that it means much, but Morris stated during the season that he now believed it was in his best interest to finish his career at UK and develop his skills before moving to the league.

I am of the opinion that if he did indeed want to sign, he would at least be an upgrade over Edwards.