• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poor effort vs. 76ers

y2kenta

Being undermanned was no excuse for the nucleus of our team not to execute and play the way they did in the first half. I mean every Hawks looked like they were watching the game on TV and no one was into it. It seemed like they had just come off a 4-game in 5 night road trip or like they gave up on the season or something.

I was disappointed in all of the players for playing with no heart/pride and no effort to get back in the game. We finally started to put things together last month and stopped laying down for teams. But this one took us back. And why in the H3LL didn't Woody play Donta or Lang once the game was out of hand. Instead the dickhead played the starters with Chillz and Marvin for heavy minutes and just wore them down for no reason.

I agree on the rest, but I don't see the problem with having the young guns out there to wear them down. That's how you improve conditioning. That's why you have players run and run in practice. You have to keep these guys running so it seems easy for them next year.

We're not talking about 40 year old vets whose bodies are wearing down here. We're talking about young healthy guys who need improved conditioning until they show that they can give full effort for a full season. JJ might be the sole exception as he's a little older and plays such heavy minutes on a nightly basis.

• Moderators

I agree 100%. I'm all for playing the same old rotation for the sake of winning. But when the game is gone anyway we should be trying to get some other guys some experience. We are really looking like the beginning of the season again when we'd play down 15 points the whole night. Either the players don't care or they are worn down. I think they are worn down. The same 7 guys play heavy minutes every game (hardly any have missed a game) and our forwards are often guarding guys much bigger than them.

I'm assuming that Batista, Edwards, Lang, Donta aren't coming back next year. If they are then we are really screwing up by not getting them some playing time.

Losing like this is hurting our chances of being considered a team on the rise, and it is really BORING.