• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

About Tonight and SAR....

jezmund

Hey guys, I haven't posted in a while but I come by here everyday to read your posts. About tonight and the absence of Shareef, I feel that we still have a great chance to win the ballgame. We are so talented now I feel with JT, Grob, Theo, and co., even with SAR out, we will still be able to give NJ all they can handle. Hendu is no Shareef but he is a capable player. Personally, I might try Hendu on Deke and Theo on Kenyon just on the basis of athleticism. Anyways, I just felt that I should speak my mind on this because I have seen some pessimistic talk on here sense the news on Shareef.

Actually I would rather see Theo on Dek and Hendu on K-mart, why? because K-mart will drive and post up much more than Deke, thats where Theo comes in with the weak side help, swatting K-marts shots. We definitely have the talent to beat the Nets, but it will be much tougher tonight because no Reef, I mean we still have JT, Big Dog and Theo.....Hendu is definitely still starting material and K-mart is no allstar, I dont think Hendu will have a hard time because he has to show his counterpart now teammate Big Dog that he still has it. The bench has to have a big game tonight, Dion has to be special, so does Dickau and Ham. We have a deep bench but not tonight, too many guys missing already.

I think the keys to the game for us to win is DEFENSE, ira will certainly lock down Kittles and Big Dog should not Let, Jefferson get off on him, but big dog has shown alot during pre-season on the defensive end. Deke is not a big threat on offense. K-mart can have a good game though and we need to keep him in check. Now getting to the matchup of the night J. Kidd vs Jet Terry, intriguing huh, 2 guys that can fly down court with the best of them, these 2 are the best at it. JT can hold his own vs J. Kidd, both will be busy on the defensive end, but I believe JT is more explosive on offense and we will need his offense tonight while playing the point as we expect him to play. I doubt JT will not show up, he has tooo much heart. No predictions on my part for this game, althought of course I want to predict a hawks win, but [censored] it will be tough.

Its not like last year when we had NO chance to win when either SAR or JT didn't play. We have enough offensive weapons to be competitive without Reef this year and the D should be about the same with Hendu in and Reef out. Missing both Reef AND Nazr is a concern because Theo may have to play a little more than the coaching staff would like and because we don't have a lot of depth if foul trouble becomes an issue but I think we can still win this game.

My biggest concern with Reef not playing is that if Big Dog gets going, we may see K-Mart switch from Hendu to him and Rogers come off the bench and matchup with Hendu. If that happens, JT, Glover or someone else is going to have to really step up and take on some of the scoring load.

In my opinion, the season is just too long to risk further injury to SAR or Nazr tonight. I think the guys just need to circle the wagons and play hard and just go win the game. I agree with Jaywalker on one thing though. Is 24 hours really going to make THAT much of a difference in Reef's recovery? If it is great but if not, I'd just go ahead and sit him until we head out West.

We are screwed.I told the other day and you

wouldn't listen.Reef/Nazr/DJ are all down for

the season even starts.Anybody would be

foolish to call us a playoff team now.

Reef's a weakass [censored].stiff back lol

No maybe you are just stupid.I'm not the one

that has us as a lock for the playoffs like you

probably do.I know the teams failures and that

is why I have been telling you we are no lock.

He's soft because he doesn't play defense and

he's sitting out with a stiff back.A stiff back now

that is soft.

Just if I were you I wouldn't put any faith into

this team.They have done nothing to earn it.Healthy

we could make the playoffs,but seeing as we are

already unhealthy it is becoming more unlikely.

Always spouting doom and gloom before the season even starts. Then, when the team starts to do well, all of a sudden, you never doubted them for a minute! I can't tell you how many so called Falcons fans were crying about how terrible the team was just two weeks ago who now all of a sudden are on the bandwagon. I am not going to be overly happy or overly concerned about this team until we have played AT LEAST 20 games.

No two seasons are alike. Every season will have its share of challenges. I think this team is in MUCH better shape to deal with injuries than last year's team was. Hopefully, Reef will be fine in a few days (or weeks) but panicking right now is ridiculous. Besides, if you are willing to give up on the team before they even play a game, you should just start rooting for a sure thing like the Kings or Lakers. That way, you don't have to get frustrated or disappointed. But I'll tell you one thing, victory is always sweeter when you stick with the team through thick and thin and that is what I intend to do.

C'mon Hot you don't really believe Reef is Soft u r just upset...probably a decision made by Lon and staff. Reef probably wants to play. Anyway, nobody is a lock to make the playoffs in the East every team is a hurt player or two away from the lottery. Marcus Camby is soft...Reef is not in that class...the pounding Reef took last year in the post, mostly non calls would have made someone soft chill out on the IR. Reef was out there battling when we had no chance of playoffs.

No I've been telling you we are no lock

for the playoffs.That's why I don't waste

my time emailing all these guys and preaching

to them about how we are gunna do this and

that.

Atlanta people know this franchise has been

doomed for failure and always will be.Where

is the finals and title banners?That's right,our

last division came nearly a decade ago.

This team has never done anything to deserve

having fans that stick by them.I have,but it wears

extremely thin.

Just a word of caution don't put any faith into these

guys or you will be left looking stupid just like we

all(including myself)looked last year.

• Admin

You've never committed enough to say "you stick buy them". You've always been the definition of the fair weather fan. But that's fine if that's how you want to be. Always expect the worst. It's a good defense if things to bad. Then you can sit back adn say "I told you so". And if things go good you can smile and say "wow, they sure showed me". It's a cheap way of hedging your bets.

To me Reef missing the season opener is nothing. A stiff back is a big deal for a pro athlete. If you've ever had one you'd know that. I sit in front of computers for a living and a stiff back makes even that physically painful. I can only imagine trying to play NBA level ball under those circumstances.

But that's fine if that's how you want to be. Always expect the worst. It's a good defense if things to bad. Then you can sit back adn say "I told you so". And if things go good you can smile and say "wow, they sure showed me". It's a cheap way of hedging your bets."

You [censored] right.You are 100% correct in this.It's

much better off this way.The guys have proven nothing,

our whole roster is injury prone from top to bottom,

and we haven't been to the playoffs in years and not

even a division title since 94.

"To me Reef missing the season opener is nothing."

This kinda thinking is what we thought about Theo

and look what happend and probably will happen

again.

"A stiff back is a big deal for a pro athlete."

Yeah we wouldn't want a 12 million a year pro

athlete to play with a stiff back while real people

work everyday in these conditions.What am I

thinking?

"

You've never committed enough to say "you stick buy them".

Well I force myself to watch the games even though

they have been boring as [censored] since 1994.There has

to be a reason for that.

Believe in them if you want,however seeing how we

are already the injured prone as always I predict we

will win 37 games and that is it.

We are having an offseason debate. We need to pull together, its our first game. We need to watch closely tonight, and find out how we can improve. So Lon can check the boards and learn a little coaching from us. Lord knows he is going to need the help.

If we come out of the gates on fire, it could hurt us. Winning teams just go with the flow and assume everything is ok. If we stink up the first 10 or 12 games, it gives us a learning experience, and everyone tries harder on making corrections. I think we are in a win/win situtation if you look at it this way. Hopefully our record will be better in our 2nd 10 games, then our first 10 games.

• Admin

If I was the guy paying an athlete 12 million a year, you are damned right I wouldn't want the guy playing with a sore back. That's a [censored] of an investment to risk throwing away on one meaningless game.

The rest you said isn't worth commenting on really. Reef has never been injury prone, so I don't know what you are talking about. do you? Lineups aren't injury prone, people are. And none of our injury prone players (hendu, theo) have had any problems.

If I was the guy paying an athlete 12 million a year, you are damned right I wouldn't want the guy playing with a sore back. That's a [censored] of an investment to risk throwing away on one meaningless game. "

So you would rather have him sitting on the bench

with a minor injury than playing?Like other people

have said is one game gunna make much of a difference?

There is more to this "stiff back"than meets the

eye.

After a few weeks all the games are gunna be meaningless

AGAIN.

"And none of our injury prone players (hendu, theo) have had any problems."

Just give it time...And there are Dion/Big Dog who

are also injury prone.In fact,Big Dog had a knee

injury last year if I am not mistaken.

Expect the Hawks to give a solid effort, but New Jersey is going to win this game. I mean come on. They are the best team in the Eastern Conference. Now with Deke and R.J. starting and their nucleuos is still together, they will be the team to beat. But the Hawks have top be the most improved with the moves they made over the summer. No doubt. I am out, can't wait till the game starts....I will be watching and I will give exclusive analysis.