• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

King Kong worth buying?

Plainview1981

Quote:

Can't decide if I should pick this one up or not. Seems to be getting mixed reviews... Mostly about the running time which doesn't bother me because I like long movies such as Dances with Wolves.

Is KK worth the 15 bucks?

It's cheaper to rent it, why would you buy it??

• Moderators

Quote:

Can't decide if I should pick this one up or not. Seems to be getting mixed reviews... Mostly about the running time which doesn't bother me because I like long movies such as Dances with Wolves.

Have you seen the movie? I would rate it a B- and describe it as comparable to movies like Jurassic Park.

Quote:

Quote:

It's cheaper to rent it, why would you buy it??

Well, because sometimes like to watch movies more than once.

Quote:

Quote:

Have you seen the movie? I would rate it a B- and describe it as comparable to movies like Jurassic Park.

No, I haven't seen it yet.. I was just trying to decide before opening it.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No, I haven't seen it yet.. I was just trying to decide before opening it.

Well, I would put it in the same genre of movies as Jarassic Park. Some things I liked better about it, some things I didn't. I hate hearing about a movie before I see it so I won't provide any specifics. It has a lot of action like JP and actually has more developed emotional themes. On the downside, I think it also has a little more cheese and the length makes it more daunting to rewatch. Just my $.02.

• Admin

I've seen it three times or so. It's worth owning. What AHF said about it being similar to jurrasic park is basically right, action wise. It's a much more emotionally developed story than JP though. It requires a slightly more developed attention span to get the most out of the movie.

• 3 weeks later...

Quote:

I've seen it three times or so. It's worth owning. What AHF said about it being similar to jurrasic park is basically right, action wise. It's a much more emotionally developed story than JP though. It requires a slightly more developed attention span to get the most out of the movie.

I finally got around to watching it. Call me crazy, but I enjoyed the first half more than the second half. I think the ones that complain about it's length just have a really short attention span. If you stop being a critic and just watch the movie the relationship between Watts and Kong should be able to pull you into the movie.

Abit of a spoiler:

It does a good job of making you feel sorry for Kong aswell. I mean, nobody would want to be caught and used in the manner Kong is.