• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does anyone think Noah=Gasol

Southern_Bred

Quote:

They pretty much have the same body type, around 7ft with a lanky slight frame. Both are fearless, good passers, good shooters, good rebounders, are veratile, and run the court well.

I don't think Noah will be nearly as good as Gasol is.

Joakim Noah is very, very similar to Pau Gasol. I brought that up in a post about him last week sometime. Long, lanky, lacks bulk, excellent shot blocker, ability to put the ball on the floor going to the basket.

Pau Gasol is one of those players you can watch, and he doesn't jump out at you. Then, you look at the box score, and you see that he had 23 points, 12 rebounds, and 4 blocked shots. Joakim is similar in the way he plays, but he makes you take notice of him due to the excitement he shows. Pau isn't a guy that I would consider an emotional player.

If Noah changes his mind and enters the draft, then I think he is definitely a guy Billy will look at.

• Admin

Gasol has a much more polished offensive game and is a significantly better shooter and passer than Noah. I would even call into question his rebounding at the pro level. He's a good rebounder because he's taller than everyone else. In the pro's he won't get anywhere near the kind of position he does in the college game.

Right now when I see him I see Marcus Camby in college. I would also project him to be very similar to Camby at the pro level. His college offense isn't going to translate to the NBA. But he could/should still be a very good rebounder, defender and shot blocker.

If he comes out this year he will be a top 5 project.