• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

falcons pick up wayne gandy for a pick and B.scott

chillzatl

Quote:

I don't under-rate it, though. I think line play is what defines winning football. If you can "whoop" the opponent on the line on both sides, you are going to be a winning team. A team that can burn it up passing downfield isn't necessarily going to win, though. Similarly, a quick defense with a good secondary is going to get killed without being to stop the up-the-gut.

I wanted OL to be more of a priority for like the last 6 off-seasons for the Falcons. It seems like we've never focused on it, trying to get by with over-achieving smallish guys. They've done OK, but I want to dominate there. Our DL is going to dominate, especially if we get one more fat DT.

I totally agree. The average NFL play lasts a whopping 5 seconds and I think we fell into a false comfort with an uber athlete under center. Yes, Vick can get away from damn near anybody and buy himself time, but how easy is it to make your reads when you're having to think about avoiding a pass rush?

And as for the d-line, everything starts up front. We're gonna have so much more pressure from the point of attack that it will instantly make our coverage better. And with two studs at the end positions PLUS Coleman, our LBs will be free to murder opposing running backs.

I made this statement when we signed Abraham.

"don't forget who is making our picks in the draft. MR McKay. He is a bonafide genious. I have complete faith that he will fill those holes and we will win a super bowl sooner rather than later. I am not as worried about the wr's as everyone else. I believe we have talent there they just need a little time to develope. they are very young and getting finneran back is a big plus. Still lots of weapons on offense with dunn, duckett, vick, crumpler even without big time production from the wideouts.

Defense lost most of the games last year, a lot had to do with hartwell being out. If he comes back healthy this season we will be much better against the run. I still think we should add a BIG dt to the mix but as far as getting after the passer we are one of the best if not the best dl in the league. This will help our secondary but we still need another safety as well. I was hoping we could draft Ko Simpson to play FS but I am not complaining there is still plenty of talent later in the draft. Good job Falcons. Can't wait till fall."

The best thing to ever happen to the Falcons is Rich McKay.! Gandy maybe on his lasy leg BUT don't forget the name Omiyale, he will be ready in 2 seasons or so which is when gandy will more than likely be done. I read on espn.com that Grady Jackson was being given a serious look by the flacons. He would be a very nice addition to the d-line that would give us what we are missing there, a space-eater. I am still hoping that we can draft Ko Simpson in the 2nd rd. I just have a feeling that he is going to be a stud FS.

I feel like a little kid in the back seat of a car on a road trip--------Are we there yet? Are we there yet? The fall can't get here fast enough for me.

I was watching the draft special ESPN ran yesterday afternoon and it made me even happier going into the draft. If we do decide to go after another safety, Kiper is listing Darnell Bing as 5c!!! on his list with Huff, Simpson, and the guy from Tenn as the top 3 I think. If there's a chance that someone like Bing is around for our 2nd round pick I'd be ecstatic. Not that safety is a glaring need at this point, but it wouldn't hurt to bring a young guy in to learn from Milloy.

Otherwise it looks like we'll have the luxury of drafting for depth this year which is always nice. McKay has the team on cruise control almost at this point with the foundation he's helped build and shore up. Here's a crazy thought from today: what if we traded Vick for Tenn's draft (ala Ricky Williams), draft Leinart and go pro-style with a pocket passer running the WC offense? Not that I'm tired of Vick nor do I think he's not a gifted enough passer to succeed. Just a crazy thought.