• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Charles Barkley says Hawks will not make Playoffs

Blunt91

I was watching Inside the NBA late last night and they were showing the highlights from the games including the Hawks. After the Hawks highlights Barkley said "The Hawks are a much improved team but they won't make the playoffs". Ernie Johnson then asked Kenny and Charles about the Wizards.Charles stated they will make the playoffs but that is about it. Kenny Smith stated he thinks the Wizards could be one of the top 2 seeds in the East. Kenny stated what other team out there besides the Nets who are better, Charles quickly replied the Indiana Pacers. "The pacers barely made the playoffs last year" replied kenny Smith. I think that Charles Barkely shows favoritism to teams that he has friends on (Isiah Thomas with the pacers and MJ with the Wizards).I don't feel the Wizards are more talented than us. He will not come out and say it but I believe Barkley doesn't have faith in Lon Kruger to lead us to the playoffs.This has got to be his reasoning in saying it because talent wise we are up there with the rest of the teams in the East.

Yeah, I saw that too. Barkley never liked Atlanta because of the fans, and possibly cause he's stuck here for his job. I remember him saying once that Atlanta fans are awful because we can't even respect our baseball team, which has gone to the playoffs so many years in a row, with a sellout crowd. He also might be saying that because he said the same thing last year about us (must be much improved because we were finally playing on national tv), and then we ended up far out of the playoff race. Either way, it is a biased opinion, which is pretty much all Charles "Sir Cumference" Barkley is good for.

I'm not sure we will make it either...but remember,

Charles also predicted Van Horn to become a star

in the finals last year.He surely is a Wizards/Pacers

and ESP a Philly fan.Honestly Philly didn't impress

me their first two games.

I love Chuck, he makes the most outlandish quotes available but he's clearly running his yap.

If he says we're not going to make the playoffs, who cares?

His presence makes good entertainment but he isn't known for truly indepth view and analysis or whatever of teams.

Yes he's playing favoritism, wouldn't you if you were friends with MJ and Isiah?

Hawks have a tough opening schedule but are currently 1-1. They barely lost to the Nets, who everybody is picking as favorite to win the east, without SAR who's an integral part of the team.

Who cares what they think, they are still convinced JT is a 2, Glenn a ballhog and Theo an injury waiting to happen. It's good being the underdog, that way they'll never know what hit them. Hawks played pretty good at the end of last season, which was injury riddled anyway, we've upgraded with finally a fairly healthy Theo, Big Dog and Dickau. I'm proud how the Hawks have played, they are playing ball and giving it their all.

[censored] right we're going to make the playoffs, although I must admit I'd feel a little more secure if the Hawks got hold of an additional 2 and waive Harvey.

Do you think we should play Email at PG and

Dickau at Sg when the backups come in?

It's nothing againest Dan,but he looks sorta

like JT did his rookie season.It's gunna be

tough for Dan to get the ball to Big Dog the

way he needs to do it.

I can say I've seen nothing really bad about Dan's

defense so far.