• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al clears things up, wants to be here

Lascar78

Quote:

Al Harrington has been asked about it countless times this season, and each time his answer's been the same.
"Obviously, I want to be here first," said Harrington, who will be one of the league's most pursued free agents this summer. "I've been here for two years and seen us go from basically the ground up to where we are now. So my first priority is to be here. But I'm looking at all my options."
That last part is what has led to rampant speculation, the latest in the Chicago newspapers after Wednesday's game, that Harrington's focus has been somewhere else other than the Hawks.
"I wasn't fully quoted,"
Harrington said of the praise he heaped upon the Bulls. "They left out the first words out of my mouth, which is that in a perfect world I get to play here. But the reality is that I have to consider every option as a free-agent-to-be."

Horsefeathers. He sounds like a politician. Talking out both sides of his mouth. I just hope it works so we can get something for him.

Been thinking that it might come down to trading Chicago for their first round draft choice for Al. Throw in another player to make the numbers work.

First of all, I don't think Marvin will be an upgrade until another year or so.

As for Al, I can't speak for all here but I think alot of his decline in popularity has to do with his defense. He seems to have lost any desire to really play hard for the entire game on D. Either that or he is just incapable of it. Offensively, he still has alot to offer which is why he'll be coveted by a few teams this offseason. Also the fact that he is another tweener doesn't help.

I for one am ready for us to get some guys who fill a specific role. The whole versatile player mentality that BK is in love with has not worked for us.....yet.