• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Johnny Bravo's Post Season Plan

Johnnybravo4

Since Diesel asked what my solution would be..I'll give it to you. And I will do this plan as realistic as possible, which means that I won't be using my famous Al for Franchise trade scenerio.

Step one: Al walks.

Step 2: Draft Lamarcus Aldridge...alternative Barnani

Unlike others, I don't think that we should seek to replace Zaza, only give him help. For those who don't agree, I want you to predict which one of the rookie centers will avg 12/8 next year..because I don't see any.

Step 3: Pick up Mike James in Free Agency.

It is my guess that he wants to get the hell out of Toronto. The fans there don't like him anyway, because he takes shots away from their god Chris Bosh. But in my opinion he is the type of pg we need. A penetrator, who can finish. Not a bad distributor at over 6 apg, and he could hit outside shots.

For those of you who think that we need a pass first point guard. Answer this. To whom is he going to pass the ball two assuming that Harrington is gone. The only developed "scorer" on the team is Joe Johnson, and a pure point may only increase JJ scoring from 20-25 which still doesn't make us a playoff team. This team's makeup dictates that we need a pg who at least can score 15-18 ppg.

Rumor has it that Mike James is seeking a shorter term deal. I think we could get him for 4 years 28 mil. 7 million a year isn't bad for a veteran point who avg nearly 20 points and 7 assists.

Step 3: Sign Nene

I don't think that he is the savior that some people here think, but I do think that he could be a good piece, and would battle Zaza for the starting position, which is good for Zaza and for us. We will probably have to overpay...but we are 19 million under the cap so, so what! I think that somewhere around 8 mil per year should make Denver back off.

Step 4: Get one more big

Trade Josh Childress for J.R. Smith

I think that this would be an opportunity for us to get a young scorer in exchange for an offensive and defensive liability. Josh Childress, is a hustle and effort guy, but he really doesn't have a position on this team. He doesn't have the scoring acumen to be a 2, nor does he have the defensive tenacity or bulk to be a 3.

Since NOK was willing to trade him to the Spurs for an old Brent Barry, we could definitely get him for a younger Childress. In the alternative, we could trade Tyronne Lue, since they will probably lose Speedy Claxton in free agency and will need a backup to CP.

Step 5: Bring over David Andersen

Give him an ultimatum, either tell him to bring his azz over now or trade his rights to another team for a second round pick. Period.

So after my moves our roster looks like this

Mike James/Salim/Lue

Joe Johnson/J.R. Smith

Marvin Williams/Donta Smith

Josh Smith/Lamarcus Aldridge/Andersen

Zaza/Nene/Cato

NBDL Batista

Now that is an effin squad! We have, ball handling, defense, offense, we have players that can play multiple positions, and can hit outside shots. If they go big we can go big. If they go small we can go small, if they want to run we can out run them all.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

First...

We're not in a position to get Aldridge as much as many of us would love to get him. Bargain man is going to be what? Your next Sf??

Second...

Mike James. Interesting that you want to throw money at him. He's a turnover waiting to happen. Seriously though, the skillset that he brings is nothing that we can't get from Lue. In fact, Lue might be better?

Third...

Nene. Like I have said before, Nene hadn't proved anything while he was healthy. He lays the season off and we want to spend money on him?? Yeah, let's get Orlando's fans to tell us about Grant Hill while we're at it. Why hasn't Nene' signed up for the playoffs?

Did you know that Nene turned down a 5 yr 50 million dollar deal so that he could get More money??

Fourth...

JR Smith is not another big. He's another SG/Sf. For his skillset, we'd do better keeping Chillz.

Fifth...

Bring over David Andersen. I think that's the pipedream that Babcock made you guys smoke. Andersen will probably pull a Sabonis. He will be damn near 50 by the time he gets over to the NBA. He was drafted by us in 2002. Since that time, he has left his first Euroleague team and went to play for Russia.

We can't match the money he's making With CSKA Moscow with the money that we would pay a 2nd rounder.

So... let's look at what you got:

Zaza/Edwards

Nene/Smoove

Marvin/Bargain man

JJ/JRSMITH

Mike James/Lue

This team gets whipped most nights. We post like a 22 win record.

Quote:

First...

We're not in a position to get Aldridge as much as many of us would love to get him. Bargain man is going to be what? Your next Sf??

Second...

Mike James. Interesting that you want to throw money at him. He's a turnover waiting to happen. Seriously though, the skillset that he brings is nothing that we can't get from Lue. In fact, Lue might be better?

Third...

Nene. Like I have said before, Nene hadn't proved anything while he was healthy. He lays the season off and we want to spend money on him?? Yeah, let's get Orlando's fans to tell us about Grant Hill while we're at it. Why hasn't Nene' signed up for the playoffs?

Did you know that Nene turned down a 5 yr 50 million dollar deal so that he could get More money??

Fourth...

JR Smith is not another big. He's another SG/Sf. For his skillset, we'd do better keeping Chillz.

Fifth...

Bring over David Andersen. I think that's the pipedream that Babcock made you guys smoke. Andersen will probably pull a Sabonis. He will be damn near 50 by the time he gets over to the NBA. He was drafted by us in 2002. Since that time, he has left his first Euroleague team and went to play for Russia.

We can't match the money he's making With CSKA Moscow with the money that we would pay a 2nd rounder.

So... let's look at what you got:

Zaza/Edwards

Nene/Smoove

Marvin/Bargain man

JJ/JRSMITH

Mike James/Lue

This team gets whipped most nights. We post like a 22 win record.

Mike James > Lue

Turnovers are what you get from people who are primary ball handlers. I would bet that Steve Nash is in the top 3 in turnovers. Mike James is a more dynamic scorer than Lue. He is more explosive and more athletic. Trust me, Houston wishes that it didn't make that trade

Bargnani & Nene

I have said all along that any big we get, either through Free agency or draft, would more than likely serve as backups, which is what we need more than starters. We probably lost half our games not because Zaza is our center and limited defensively, but because for backups we had a stiff in Edwards, Batista, a rookie who can't speak english, and one of our centers died. If we get Bargnani, Cato and Nene, we don't have that problem

Jr Smith

Getting Jr. Smith will allow is to put a run and gun team on the floor when we play the phoenix's of the world. Imagine if we are down 10 or so, and Woody puts in this lineup

Salim

JR

JJ

Smoove

Nene

10 point lead gone in less than 2 minutes

Or if you want to get defensive

Lue

JJ

Smoove

Cato

Nene

Opposing team shut down Or if you want to go small and quick

Mike James

Salim

Jr

JJ

Smoove

Or if you want to go big

JJ

JR

Smoove

Bargnani

Nene

In other words, this lineup is versatile and deadly.

Quote:

Really? What pick did we end up with? I must have missed the lottery.

Seems to me we're in a much better position to get the #1 than the bucks were last night

I gotta' say, I agree w/ most of it, but I disagree w/ the Chillz for JR part. I don't see that trade happening. Other than that, I'd like to see us go w/

James/Lue

JJ/Chillz/Slim

Smoove/Marvin

Nene/Aldridge or Bargnani/Batistia

ZaZa/Cato

• Premium Member

I would not do the Chill for JR trade either......but a Salim for JR trade would definately be something that I would consider.

While I do not necessarily agree with all of the points of this plan, the overall idea is very realistic and would benefit our team. Great job!

Quote:

I would not do the Chill for JR trade either......but a Salim for JR trade would definately be something that I would consider.

While I do not necessarily agree with all of the points of this plan, the overall idea is very realistic and would benefit our team. Great job!

Why thanks.

And as far as Cato goes I went to H.S. with the guy so I am biased...although he does fit a need. Just wait til this summer when I start throwing out "We need to invite Kevin Morris, Shenard Long, and Nate Williams to training camp." Threads.

congratulations on assembling an all-offense, no defense, severly limited bball iq team!

Jr Smith and Smoove on the same team? JJ would never pass the ball...he'd never get it back!

i don't think that most are desiring a pass first pg so much as a pg who can do these three things well: help in bringing the ball up court in order to not have JJ do it all the time; 2) hit the long three when open, 3) play defense, well, and limit pg penetration to the degree that it's possible.

that's all we need out of that position right now. offense is NOT the problem.

MJames might beat Lue in a one-on-one game, but Lue is a much better compliment to this team as it's currently/ will be assembled.

Quote:

don't think that most are desiring a pass first pg so much as a pg who can do these three things well: help in bringing the ball up court in order to not have JJ do it all the time; 2) hit the long three when open, 3) play defense, well, and limit pg penetration to the degree that it's possible.

1. Mike James has no problem bringing the ball up the court

2. Mike James #4 NBA in 3 point % at 44%

3. Not a bad defender and avg a steal a game. (and at least is better than Lue, Grundy or Salim in that regard)

As far as defense. I think I put a good team defense together.

Cato is a defensive oriented center, Nene plays decent defense as well. Aldridge can also block shots. Not sure about Bargnani.

As far as J.R. Smith goes, he is a shooting guard. I don't want him to pass necessarily. His point is to be the focus of scoring off of the bench. I would put J.R. in this lineup

Mike James

J.R.

Marvin

Cato

Zaza

He is basically the first player off of the bench. He provides instant energy and if I need to make a run or if the game gets out of hand I put him and JJ in the back court together with JJ as the point guard.

• Premium Member

Well, you're right... David Stern has yet to pick who will get the #1 pick. However, I'm pretty sure he will stick it to us again.. and probably give the #1 pick overall to Minny... and watch us fall back another pick in the draft.

• Premium Member

Mike James is ranked #4 in 3 pt %...

Good.

But Lue is #2 in 3 pt% shooting 45.7% from 3.

Plus...

Lue doesn't turn the ball over as much as James does.

I don't think either is a great defender.

Quote:

Mike James is ranked #4 in 3 pt %...

Good.

But Lue is #2 in 3 pt% shooting 45.7% from 3.

Plus...

Lue doesn't turn the ball over as much as James does.

I don't think either is a great defender.

Lue on 127 attempts

James on 382 attempts

Come on man there is no one on earth who thinks that Lue is the player that Mike James is.

• Premium Member

It's all about market.

When Stern sees a weak Market that he likes, he helps it out with the draft.

Didn't anybody ever tell you the Patrick Ewing going to NY story??

Like I always say.

If it's so clean and so above the tables, why not have the live drawing in front of everyone instead of in a back room somewhere...