• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

James Posey is gonna be a free agent after......

Hawksfreak

this year and I'm sure he is not going to stay a Nugget. Could this be our answer for scoring at the SG position? With E-mail probably gonna be gone why not sign James Posey? He is just what we need because Ira is a defensive stopper and not a shooter and Posey is also a preety good defensive player what do you guys think?

2004 Hawks

PG: Jason Terry

SG: James Posey

SF: Glenn Robinson

PF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim

C: Theo Ratliff

Posey is not our 'answer' at shooting guard. He doesn't bring that much of an offensive game, and his defense leaves alot to be desired. He's an alright player but Pete doesn't need to go spend the big bucks on him when he's no more servicable than Ira.

However, if you tell me Quentin Richardson wants to come to Atlanta. Well then I'll be singing a different tune. (Hey, I can dream!)

Posey has definetly started the season well. He absolutely killed the Blazers. Defensively he is strong and would add athleticism to the lineup. I don't think that we would want to pay top dollar to sign him or that we would want to get into a bidding war for his services. But not a bad idea to upgrade the lineup.

One problem I see is that he isn't a great ballhandler and he wouldn't help in that area. So, far turnovers have been our biggest weakness and I don't see him being a realiable 2nd ballhandler. That would have to fall on Big Dog, but heck he's doing everything this year anyways!

Remember, they'll have a boatload of cap room after this year. Enough for two max players, I believe. They'll likely go after Kidd, Duncan, ect., but realize that it is hopeless and throw the house at Posey.

I'd love him in Atlanta, but I know Kiki sees him as the future in Denver with Skita and Hilario.