• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diaw wins MIP

Lascar78

Well you're probably right about that AHF. But it's interesting to read his recent interview on Hoopshype.com. He comes across as a very coachable player who was very happy to get to Phoenix. He says they wanted him as a backup 1/2 but then molded him into what he is now due to Amare's injury. I don't know where he'll fit in once Amare returns next year but he'll definitely be a big asset on a very good team.

Of course, what with all the draft picks they have now, he'll likely have to compete against a bunch of talented rookies in the next few years.

• Premium Member

1. Mike James. Toronto.

2. David West. New Orleans.

I agree with Boris Diaw being it. However, I think it had to be tight considering these two.

Lastly... if you want Improvement and not just improved with more minutes.. I don't think you can ignore Chris Bosh. Bosh in less than 2 more mpg increased his ppg by ~6 ppg, increased his assists and rebounds, and increased his FG% from 47% to 50%.

Boris went from playing 18 mpg to playing 35 mpg and his scoring increased from 5 to 13.3. That's not so impressive. I think what was impressive about Boris was his triple doubles.. However, you put a passer in at Pf in a run and gun style offense, you expect him to get rebounds and to score more and to pass more.

However, like stated, there are others who probably were as deserving (West, James)...

Diaw deserves the award and I have no problem with his winning it. My 'least favorite' types of MIP players are those in their first second (or sometimes even third, though you make a good piont about Bosh) seasons who simply start getting pt.

I think that the 'star rookies,' guys like Bosh and Carmelo (who could have also been in the running imo) are expected to continue their improvement. I think that, generally speaking, this award is 'most significant improvement from a player that we [the media/those who vote] did not think would have much of an impact on the league.

congrats to Diaw.