The Hawks seemed to be interested in ....

coat89

I think Tayshaun Prince would be an excellent pickup if we could get him at 23...He would have been almost a lottery pick last year. He wasn't as spectacular this year but that was because he was trying to work on other parts of his game.

I didn't get the same impression as you about Prince. Pete stated(I don't remember his exact words) Prince did okay at the workouts but he didn't seemed to be that impressed. To be honest, I don't see the Hawks really doing anything because I think the 2guys they want are Dan Dickau or Frank Williams. THe Hawks are only going to take a chance on a player in the 1stround if he can come in and play immediately which I think the both of these guys can do. Dickau has 4years of college and Frank has 3years so I think they could be mature enough to do an adequate job as a backup maybe even a starter.On the other hand, Detroit wouldn't let these guys slip by them if they are still available.

• Premium Member

I don't know why the Hawks are wanting another PG when they already have JT and are sure to pick up a good reserve. The Hawks should only move up if they can find an impact frontcourt player, especially if they can get a center to take Theo's spot if he gets injured again or leaves because of free agency in the next couple of years.

If we get anybody in this draft it needs to be Prince. Dickua and Welsch aren't bad but not worth moving up to get. And F.Williams isn't ready maybe two years from now I'll regret saying that but I doubt it. J.williams and Prince are the only immediate impact players in this draft. Q.Woods and Wagner will be stars, but unfortunately no time soon.

I have mentioned several times we have three picks next season. Move Kukoc mid season. After next season when ratliff has averaged 3+bpg, which isnt unreasonable, his trade value will sky-rocket. the LAC will be serious about trading L.Odom and we will have just enough to land him and a top pick. Chris Marcus , has the size, and in three years will be an all star center.Marcus,Western Kentucky,need work but hopefully like Shaq he stop just being big and learn to play. Leon Smith and Dion Glover will have developed.

Our lineup 2003-4 will be :

Marcus/SAR/Odom/Johnson(Slim)/JT

w/ Glover/L.Smith

maybe Nazr and Newble (some FAgent PG)

if were lucky: T.Prince

This team could Compete. But more importantly being patient will payoff because if we dont want Odom we can go after any number of players. And if Marcus isn't " The goods" we can draft any number of players. Hopefully someone who will make an immediate splash.

PS J.Vaughn is good but the contract is just too much, when

backup PG are a dime a dozen nowadays.

CC and Hendu have to go maybe we'll get luck and Hendu will opt out of his contract in 2004, but considering his market value it is unlikely

If we do go after Williams, then it is evident that it was due to the Lon Kruger influence... Being that Kruger recruited and coached him.

Also...

It might suggest that much to the dismay of many of you...

We have a deal for JT already worked out.

Just speculating now...

Teams that may want JT are:

Seattle, GS, Phoenix (if they get rid of Marbury), Miami, and Orlando.

So, if I go just a little further in my speculation... I can actually see us doing this:

JT to Orlando for Mike Miller and maybe a Pick?

The reason I can see this:

What if the reports on Hill are true. What if Hill is able to go? If So, I wouldn't rule out Miller being used to bring in a successor to Armstrong.

More importantly, If they can get Armstrong to another team (say GS) via trade and get back a PF.. Say Fortson....

Orlando will have the room to get a good PG in JT. Good because Hill can handle the ball and so can Tmac. Tmac's size and defense would be of great help to JT.

For us, if we can get a pick out of the deal...Say.. .Orlando's #18.

We put ourselves in good position to get either williams or Dickau. Plus a great player in Mike Miller. This is a deal that Babcock would not pass up. On top of that, we'd make Vaughn an offer to be our starting PG.

Vaughn/Williams

Slim/Glover/Ira

Miller/Toni/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

That's a team.

But even better is what Orlando would have:

JT/Tmac/Hill/Fortson/Hunter.

With those guys, they could win the East.

Just a thought and some scenerios.

That team would win 15 games.Get the job done?HAHAHAHA!Vaughn/

DJ together will average about 15PPG at best with that lineup.A starting

backcourt of Vaughn/DJ is a joke and doing such a deal would make

us look even more like a joke than we already are.

Babcock is looking at every PG he can find. Not to mention, Short guys like Dickau and Davis? NO WAY he would pair either of those guys or Frankie Williams with JT as their 2.

Like I said...

Much to the dismay of many of you who put more emphasis on JT than there should be... He might get traded.

Miller and the 18th would more than likely do it.

Did you forget that your unproven Miller was ROY?

How much credit do we give Babcock?

We have bashed him all year about passing up on Parker and Tinsley this past draft. They both put up great numbers and are extremly short. Would they have worked out well here? Probably not...Would they have forced us to allow many more points? Yes!!!

This year it looks like Pete is looking at PG, because Davis is not one. Or at least not a good one. I think we could get a PG. probably should get a PG and likely will get a PG.

That doesn't necessarily mean we trade JT. Everyone wants JV back, but refuses to accept that another PG could fill in for him.

we were able to move up higher than the 18th pick, because there is a good chance the guy we want, either Dickau or Welsch, will be gone by then. I would not be opposed to this deal at all, if we could get a defensive minded PG like Welsch. Miller isnt a good defender, which is a problem unless we have a good defensive PG. At the very least trading JT would alleviate a lot of problems that we have trying to make everything fit around him. Not sure I could turn down Welsch or Dickau plus Miller for JT. That would be really hard to turn down, even as much as I like JT but Babs has said time and time again that we will do whatever it takes to improve this team. I would say that only Reef is untouchable on our team.

Just let me say a few things.

Nique to the clipps for 4 months of Manning?

Smitty to the blazers for 4 months of Rider and JJ.

JJ/Coles/LJ to Cleveland for BK.

Priest Lauterdale.

Eftimos Rafmos.

Rumeal Robinson

Big Balla Ed Gray.

and as for Kasten...

Jon Koncak over Karl Malone.

I don't think he's done enough to deserve any credit.