• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Boris embarassing Billy Knight and Mike Woodson

How is it an embarrassment to Billy Knight? He correctly evaluated the talent there, he just didn't foresee what a quitter Diaw would be. I can't believe we're still discussing this.

Quote:

How is it an embarrassment to Billy Knight? He correctly evaluated the talent there, he just didn't foresee what a quitter Diaw would be. I can't believe we're still discussing this.

I think it's pretty obvious... Some just want to deny it.

Yes, I wasn't a very big fan of Boris myself... But it's Billy and Woody's job to be right and to know how to use players and

such things.

It looks like Boris is improving rather than quitting as you seem to suggest. The Suns were down 3-1 in a big game and Boris comes up with 25/10/9 numbers. Not really the numbers of a quitter in the Suns situation is it?

He had his best playoff game when it looked like the Suns were down for the count.

• Admin

that just shows that you don't watch hawks games and you hardly pay any attention to what goes on with the team until you have an opportunity to impart some wisdom on us like "they suck" or "he's not very good" and other such insights. .

Quote:

that just shows that you don't watch hawks games and you hardly pay any attention to what goes on with the team until you have an opportunity to impart some wisdom on us like "they suck" or "he's not very good" and other such insights. .

Oh, I knew Boris can pass and rebound alittle bit... But Woodsons lack of ability to get the best reflects on him as a head coach.

I know you'll give me the line about Woodson not having any clue that Boris should play PF. Hey, wasn't that part of Woodsons job to develop players and find out what they do best?

"such insights."

About like the same insight you give with your tired "You don't watch games" line. Yeah, there's some real insight.

It's the same stuff the people on here have been saying for years about anybody that says something bad about the team.

They don't watch games... They Don't know anything about the Hawks. blah blah blah

A part of me thought Diaw might be successful with the Suns just because the fact that majority of the Hawks moves come back to haunt them. These one appears to be no different.

Quote:

Ok, next season, please don't come in here acting as if you know what u r talking about...Smoove does not suck...Chills is not a bust. Salim should be in the league....LOL

Yes, for a 6th pick in the draft Childress is indeed a bust. A 10/5 player that doesn't have the foot speed to play defense isn't worthy of the 6th pick.

Smoove? Let's see him produce over the course of a FULL season and not a half season.

Salim should be in the league

I guess if there's a place for Eddie House there is a place for Salim.

So why do you blame Chilldres for his numbers....but blame Woody for Boris'???????

My point is before you say our young guys suck and label them a bust after 1 or 2 years....are you not smart enough about the game to understand tha coaching and player development has an impact on young players. So if we trade Chills and he avgs 18 and 9 while playing SF with a better team is he still a bust?

Quote:

Yes, for a 6th pick in the draft Childress is indeed a bust. A 10/5 player that doesn't have the foot speed to play defense isn't worthy of the 6th pick.

lol

Let's look at the next 6 picks:

Deng:14/6

Araujo:2.3/2.8

Iggy:12.3/5.9

Jackson:2.7/1.1

Biedrins:3.8/4.2

Swift:6.4/5.6

Yeah we really blew it by taking Chill instead of all the superstars that were available. Deng and Iguodala are averaging roughly the same stats (more minutes), and everyone else is way way worse

• Admin

Boris can't play pf. Give me a break. Phoenix plays him at PF and C becuase it helps their offense. They don't play defense anyway, so having him there doesn't matter. There isn't another team in the league that could use him that way and get away with it. Again, you would know this if you watched games.

and the fact that you don't watch the games is all I have to say. I don't have to argue with you about your opinion. You don't watch the games, so what you say really doesn't carry any weight with me or most people here. Just like your other negative opinions about.. practically eveything. You don't experience any of these things first hand. So nobody really takes what you have to say seriously.

the fact that BORIS couldnt get those numbers here suggest 2 things

1) We dont have the same system as the SUNS (a system where Boris is extremely comfortable and at his best)

2) We dont have Steve Nash

1 and 2 pretty much go hand in hand.

If the Hawks really want Boris back, then they can just sign him next year. However, something tells me they do not want him back.

However, putting Boris at Center seems like something that BK would think of.

Quote:

Boris can't play pf. Give me a break. Phoenix plays him at PF and C becuase it helps their offense. They don't play defense anyway, so having him there doesn't matter. There isn't another team in the league that could use him that way and get away with it. Again, you would know this if you watched games.

and the fact that you don't watch the games is all I have to say. I don't have to argue with you about your opinion. You don't watch the games, so what you say really doesn't carry any weight with me or most people here. Just like your other negative opinions about.. practically eveything. You don't experience any of these things first hand. So nobody really takes what you have to say seriously.

Don't reply then you bloated arrogant wind bag. You don't argue because you can't. It isn't like the Hawks play any defense, yet, Woody boy couldn't make it work either could he?

You can say what you want, but the fact that the Hawks gave up TWO first round picks, 13/6/6 player and gave that big contract for a guy that only averages 20PPG is a joke.

F*ck JJ should be on the Lebron James level for what was given up for him and for what he's being paid. Despite what you think, I watch enough games and it's easy enough to see this. You don't give all that up for 2nd tier SG's. PERIOD.

Second of all, you think anybody else takes your views seriousally? You do realize that most people are probably laughing at the way the Hawks got ripped off don't you?

What, none of them watch games either? They don't know anything about the Hawks either?

What the Hawks have is a GM that's never been truly successful in his career and a head coach who's way over his head and lousy owners that can't even get along and all of them possibly got duped by one guy. What a bunch of knuckle heads.

Quote:

the fact that BORIS couldnt get those numbers here suggest 2 things

1) We dont have the same system as the SUNS (a system where Boris is extremely comfortable and at his best)

2) We dont have Steve Nash

1 and 2 pretty much go hand in hand.

The Hawks don't have a system at all. Steve Nash isn't the reason Boris is averaging 13/6/6. Steve Nash feeds dunkers and 3pt shooters. Neither one is Diaw's game.

Quote:

Quote:

lol

Let's look at the next 6 picks:

Deng:14/6

Araujo:2.3/2.8

Iggy:12.3/5.9

Jackson:2.7/1.1

Biedrins:3.8/4.2

Swift:6.4/5.6

Yeah we really blew it by taking Chill instead of all the superstars that were available. Deng and Iguodala are averaging roughly the same stats (more minutes), and everyone else is way way worse

The difference is Iggy can start. Childress hasn't proven himself to be starter worthy.... Not only is he a problem

on defense, but his numbers as a starter are downright mediocre.

25MPG 41%FG 3.4RPG 5.5PPG.

Basically, the 6th pick in the draft probably will have a career as a decent 6th man. I know you'll say that Childress is only 22 years old. But if you don't have the talent you don't have it.... Childress isn't going to get any quicker and the chances of him being able to create his shot well isn't probably slim and none.

Take a look at Shawn Marion for example. He can't really create his shot any better than he did 5 years ago.