• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Malone Get Off Against the Birds Tonight?

jaywalker72

Call me crazy, but I have a funny feeling about tonight's game against the Jazz, and in particular, Karl Malone.

For the last week or so, I have read over a dozen articles that have been ringing the death knell of Malone's career, thanks to the now infamous zero he took against SEA and missing the next game due to the "flu".

Is it me, or doesn't every time you see someone declare a great player like Malone dead, they come out with something to prove and stick it to whoever is next?

I think Malone is going to be rested and ready to show that he is not finished, and the Hawks (and us) should be ready.

• Admin

Malone is a competitor, without a doubt. If a sub 100% Reef and Hendu are all we have to put on him, it could be a long night. By seasons end malone will still be averaging 20+. He's just stuck in an unfortunate situation, as is stockton. As many have said, when the two best players on your team are 40 years old, you are in trouble.

Late in the game here in Philips Arena, Malone ran down the court with a purposeful look on his face and determination in his stride and then proceeded to manhandle our entire front line while scoring a bucket. I don't think he can play with that much energy for an entire game but he can do it in spurts. I won't shock me to see him look dominant at times tonight because he still has the skills and he can be great at times, he just can't do it for a whole game anymore. I'll be shocked if he scores less than 20 and I won't be shocked if he scores 30. All that being said, we can still win the game if we take care of the ball.

Jay I have to agree, This is the one game of this road trip that does concern me because they have played us already and know what to expect from our players and coaches. Due to the fact we have beaten them they will be gunning for us, confidently I might add because we almost let them steal the first game at Phillips. The mentality of this team and the skill of our coaching staff will be put to an early test with this game. IMHO Malone is mad, he will have a "chip" on his shoulder and we better be ready to counter. If he gets rolling the Jazz at home are tough to beat.

The Jazz may go zone to force us to play a perimiter game. I hope the "flu" drained more out of him than he realized. I also hope that the Hawks with a day of rest come to the Delta center with their A game tonight---- Go Hawks.