Gee,&IThought4-6WasOK&5-5WasGoodAfter10.

Guest Walter

• Premium Member

Ok, let's put it like this...

Lon did contribute. Lon kept these players in the game. However, when Nazr was playing for a contract and he was putting up 15 points, 15 rebs in 29 minutes per game a few yrs ago.... Would you have taken him out of the game? When Ira was playing well, making good defensive plays and shooting 50%, would you have taken him out of the game. When DJ was playing SG (Email and Glover hurt) and he was locking down most SGs in the league while putting up about 10/5 a game would you have sat him?

I'm so tired of hearing Lon get credit for stuff he didn't do.

For instance, finding out that JT is a scorer. Had JJ, Lrob, and Glover not been injured at the same time, JT would have never been made a SG.

I wonder, had email never gotten hurt, would we have found out if JT was a PG?

Lon has been helped tremendously by circumstance.

Secondly what coach wouldn't try stuff when the season is over in Feb?

The thing that you lack is that you refuse to see that all of these players had their own motivations....

Hanno - end of contract.

JT - have to show that he can play point.

Glover - has to prove that he can play well.

Ira - Played for a contract.

DJ - Played for respect.

And I just feel that SAR will give 100% regaurdless of what the team's record. I may be wrong, but I have never seen him pack it in.

I believe that these players own self motivation is greater than anything Lon could have said or done. Even if he were a yeller. Ira would still have played hard. DJ, JT too.

So I give Lon credit. He had the good sense to let them play.

• Premium Member

Ira had to know that if the money wasn't there, he wouldn't be here. He had to play for other teams to see him too.

I mean look how circumstance helped the Hawks (Lon)...

DJ out for the season. If DJ doesn't go out for the season, Ira doesn't get on the team.

Theo/Nazr

SAR/Hendu

Big Dog/Ham/CC

DJ/Glover

JT/DD/Email

Those are all gauranteed contracts ...

2ndly, DJ didn't really get an opportunity to play in the first half of the season. Remember... Email/JT/Toni was our PG, SG, SF... We thought that JT would be the Sg and he logged on lots of time there. Even when Email was hurt, JV/JT was the starting lineup... Until we realized that JT couldn't defend a 2.

Lastly. what do you mean here:

In reply to:

Lastly, WO HELPED MOTIVATE THESE PLAYERS TO THESE GOALS AND THE TEAM'S GOALS? WHO HELD THIS TEAM TOGETHER WHEN EVERY OTHER NON-PLAYOFF CONTENDER AND SOME PLAYOFF CONTENDERS FELL APART? Couldn't be the obvious coach now could it? No, not in the eyes of a pathetic coach hater.

Hold together? What does that mean... You mean who allowed them to play? Lon did... and I give him credit because with his lineups, I shocked that Hanno didn't get more time at the SG/SF position..

BUT, these players had their own motivations driving them. Just like Nazr the yr before. All Lon did was look at his roster and figure out that DJ is a better choice at the SG than Hanno? He did choose Ira over an often hurt Toni... However, why not... Ira was playing good defense and shooting 50%. NO coach in their right mind would have benched him.

BUT... What about Leon Smith? The Kid had obvious talent. Why didn't Lon play him more. I mean the season was over and this kid worked his butt off in practice, etc...

If the games didn't mean nothing, why were there so many when Leon (who played hard, had the size, etc,) came in with the big DNP coaches decision? Leon and Dion would sit the bench while Mark Strickland or Hanno or other players would suck up all the minutes.. I guess Lon was motivating Leon and Dion?

In reply to:

DJ out for the season. If DJ doesn't go out for the season, Ira doesn't get on the team.

Wrong. If DJ doesn't get hurt, it's Ham who doesn't get picked up. He was signed after DJ's accident.

Also:

In reply to:

BUT... What about Leon Smith? The Kid had obvious talent. Why didn't Lon play him more. I mean the season was over and this kid worked his butt off in practice, etc...

Where did you hear this? I haven't read or heard anything about him being even a decent practice player. The kid has a rep of being lazy that goes back to his first practice in Dallas. Did you make that up?

That is correct...If DJ had not wrecked, Ham would not have been signed as the Hawks were holding the last roster spot for Ira.

Also, Leon did work hard in practice during the season last year, but lost ground during the summer, where he was often absent and seemingly slipped into his old habits before we included him in the Big Dog trade for salary purposes.

Wrong. If DJ doesn't get hurt, it's Ham who doesn't get picked up. He was signed after DJ's accident.

----------------------------------------

Correct, and if DJ had been hurt before Ira signed, I'm convinced the Hawks would have paid Ira a good bit more, as the need for defense at the 2 spot is something they both bring to the table.

I'm still missing DJ. Especially when he blocks shots from behind while flat-footed. Hopefully, his career will resume and be rewarding for him.