• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FIFA WORLD CUP

rascurrein

Quote:

france is KILLING me!

There are so many geopolitical things you could say about a France-Switzerland draw, but I will refrain. I am polite!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fan just ran out on the field and the announcers were saying "O goodness, this is appaling. They are going to have to stop the match. This NEVER happens in the states." I just found this hillarious. I couldn't even begin to count the number of times I would be watching the NFL and they would cut coverage from the game and to the announcers because there was a streaker on the field. Same with baseball, anyone remember someone running out to the field and handing Sammy Sosa a cork? That was hillarious.

Hyppia's been great the last 2 years. Him and Carragher are the best CB duo in the EPL.

By they way, the USA performance was an embarrassment. Every starter should be replaced. None of them earned the right to play against Italy.

I can't understand a single word the Univision guys say, and they're still 100 times better than the ESPN guys. They talk about the US team every five minutes (they don't deserve that much attention) and they act like no one in this country understands anything about the sport.

Quote:

and they act like no one in this country understands anything about the sport.

LOL - I used to get the exact same feeling every time I watched super bowl from a finnish channel - this year was better though.

A heartbreaker for Poland last night.

Quote:

I can't understand a single word the Univision guys say, and they're still 100 times better than the ESPN guys. They talk about the US team every five minutes (they don't deserve that much attention) and they act like no one in this country understands anything about the sport.

I agree all the way. Every 5 minutes it's a basketball or football reference. And they'll have one or two "storylines" that they stick to the whole match instead of analyzing what's happenned

And a miracle for Sweden today. I don't think they're that good, but as long as Eriksson coaches England, they'll always underachieve. Sweden could end up winning the group. I'm really looking forward to Netherlands/Ivory Coast today.

• Moderators

Those referees were terrible. Very inconsistent and unwarranted cards on both sides.

The USA played pretty well, but I don't understand why we left a sub on the bench when fatigue was such a factor. Why not pull McBride and put in Johnson who is faster and much fresher to try to counterstrike over the last 10 minutes?

I'm sorry, but the red for Mastroeni was not fair. Should have been a yellow. I'll buy the red for Pope because it was an accumulation. I'm proud of the USA performance, but I also feel they deserved the win. McBride should have been taken out in the 60 or 65 minute. Maybe Johnson could have created something with his speed.