• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do we have anyone on our team that....

DavidSomerset

Will be a top 5-6 player in the NBA some day?

I know we have a very young team, but I just flat out don't see a player on our team (even after drafting high for the last however many seasons) that is a Dwayne Wade/Dirk/Duncan type player.

Call me pessimistic, but I just can't see any of our guys being one of the top players in the NBA...Smoove and Marvin are the only two that even possess that potential, but I don't really see either of them panning out to that level.

Opinions?

Ask this question after that one....is there any one that was drafted after we drafted that could be a top 5-6 player one day? Hmm....Iggy/Deng? Nope, won't ever even be the go-to players on their teams. Paul/DWill? They are both great players but will never, ever be top 10 worthy. So what is your point? Here are players I think are at the top in some order:

Shaq

Duncan

Garnett

Kobe

Lebron

Wade

Dirk

Nash

AI

The new wave of top players includes:

Wade

Lebron

Bosh

Howard

Stoudemire

Anthony

Did we have a chance to draft any of them? No.

Quote:

Ask this question after that one....is there any one that was drafted after we drafted that could be a top 5-6 player one day? Hmm....Iggy/Deng? Nope, won't ever even be the go-to players on their teams. Paul/DWill? They are both great players but will never, ever be top 10 worthy. So what is your point? Here are players I think are at the top in some order:

Shaq

Duncan

Garnett

Kobe

Lebron

Wade

Dirk

Nash

AI

The new wave of top players includes:

Wade

Lebron

Bosh

Howard

Stoudemire

Anthony

Did we have a chance to draft any of them? No.

I think Chris Paul will DEFINITELY make it in the top 10 within a few years.

Had a shot at Howard a few years back.

I see your point, I just wish we would have gotten more superstar value for our spots in the drafts. Not really arguing with the picks, just whining a little bit about our luck.

• Moderators

Coming into last season I picked Josh Smith as the guy with the most upside on the Hawks. He just does things that few other players in the NBA can do. He is special talent and is improving quickly on both ends of the floor.