• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One thing that drafting Shelden ensures us

jezmund

I read everyone on the Nuggets roster except for Carmello is available. If Denver can find someone to take Kenyon Martin (i.e. the Knicks), I wonder if we could trade Harrington to them for Andre Miller. I would even throw in Salim to sweeten the deal because Denver needs his shooting and I don't really like Salim's game that much anyway.

Andre Miller

Joe Johnson

Marvin Williams

Josh Smith

Sheldon Williams

Tyronn Lue, Josh Childress, Justin Williams, Zaza Pachulia

That looks like a pretty decent team to me.

He's definitely not perfect, but then again neither is Al Harrington.

What I think Miller could do is take ball handling pressure off of JJ, throw a lot of great lobs to Smoove, Marvin, and Chill, and give us some veteran leadership.

However, he's definitely not a great defender. He's also not a great shooter, but with JJ, Marvin, Lue, and Salim, along with Smoove and Chill and their improving shots, we actually don't need that great a shooter.

The thing is, though, is Joe going to be the primary ball-handler? If so, the other guard needs to be able to spot up from 3, play solid Defense and be productive in general without the ball. Doesn't really sound like Andre. Hmmmm... you are right, though. Harrington isn't perfect either and Andre fills a need.

Andre Miller

Joe Johnson

Marvin Williams

Josh Smith

Shelden Williams

Doesn't look bad on paper. Zaza/Childress would be some great backups.

just to clarify he didn't say we'd trade for a PG. He said he knew we needed a PG, and he'd look to get one. Basically if he can find the right guy in FA or through a trade (even for an extra pick?), he'll get him. If he can't find the right guy, he won't. More standard BK talk where he doesn't tell you much, other than he is well aware that we need a PG. I wouldn't bet my life on the fact that we'll get a starting-caliber PG this summer, given the slim pickings. I sure hope we do though.

Quote:

The thing is, though, is Joe going to be the primary ball-handler? If so, the other guard needs to be able to spot up from 3, play solid Defense and be productive in general without the ball. Doesn't really sound like Andre. Hmmmm... you are right, though. Harrington isn't perfect either and Andre fills a need.

Andre Miller

Joe Johnson

Marvin Williams

Josh Smith

Shelden Williams

Doesn't look bad on paper. Zaza/Childress would be some great backups.

You would actually start Shelden at center over Zaza - LMAO!!! You guys think Shelden is a pure beast already.

We had enough teams bang us into ground last season. We'd be better off starting Smoove at center.

Yeah the one thing that drafting Williams ensures us is that we will be in the lottery for more years to come. Williams is not the answer a 6''8 or whatever height he is will not stop Shaq, or the other dominant centers in this league. I would rather keep Za-Za as the starting C and this is not college folks. He may have dominated college games but this is the NBA ,he will get pushed around in the paint ,and so will we .I certainly hope it's not true because I do no want Williams on this team.

He may get shot over, but I promise you noone will push Sheldon around..He is a rock in the paint..If you have ever watched him play, he goes wherever he wants regardless of who else is around..He is tremendously strong and determined...He abused Aldridge..

Yes I watched him play he did'nt impress me much , but a couple of guys who did where Roy ,and Foye they should be at the top of the Hawks draft boards . But since Knight is a idiot he will continue to draft undersized players in hope that they can play out of position.

^^^Thank you tmac. I like Zaza for offense and his scrappiness. But he could not play D as of last year. If he will improve this year we will just have to wait and see. Sheldon at C would still be better than Zaza from a defensive standpoint. That seems kinda obvious to me. Personally, I'd like to see Zaza at C and Sheldon at PF for stints to see how that works out. Put Smoove at sf, JJ at sg and maybe Rondo at pg...if the draft works out that way. Here's to BK getting Sheldon and Rondo in this draft. Yea come on!

Quote:

He may get shot over, but I promise you noone will push Sheldon around..He is a rock in the paint..If you have ever watched him play, he goes wherever he wants regardless of who else is around..He is tremendously strong and determined...He abused Aldridge..

I agree on this. There's no doubt that he would help in this regard

Lascar,

All along I thought it was a pipe dream that we might get Ben, but after the playoffs I wonder if it is more likely? We have the cap space and i wonder if we could use it in any better way? He'd give us defense, make ZaZa better. What do you think the chance are?

Well I still can't see him coming here, but for people holding onto that dream, things sure have gone perfectly. He shot a horrible FT% and was to blame at least in part for the Pistons getting knocked out, he hired an agent. If you were willing to give him the max, I suppose it's an outside possibility, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quote:

What I think Miller could do is take ball handling pressure off of JJ, throw a lot of great lobs to Smoove, Marvin, and Chill, and give us some veteran leadership.

However, he's definitely not a great defender. He's also not a great shooter, but with JJ, Marvin, Lue, and Salim, along with Smoove and Chill and their improving shots, we actually don't need that great a shooter.

i agree with this. i've always liked dre and wanted him here.

but if luke ridnour is on the trading block i think i'd rather have him. luke's main weakness is D, but his shot is significantly better than dre's. i think their passing/ballhandling skills are similar. luke is younger by 5 years; they are the same height.