Hendu's play improving because of Big Dog?

Diesel

• Premium Member

When we first picked up Big Dog, I wondered what type of relationship would he and Hendu have. They have been rivals all their lives. From Indy basketball... To Indiana vs. Purdue. etc. Now, they both play for the Hawks...

And if I'm not mistaken, everytime Big Dog has a big game, Hendu has a big game.

So my question to some of you wanna be insiders... Is there a rivalry type relationship there where Big Dog's performance helps to motivate Hendu's performance?

Could be. Whatever it is, it's working as we saw last

night. They do seem to feed off of each other.

Remember too, this season is the first time in ages that

Hendu has been completely healthy. Now we are seeing

the old Hendu.

P.S. The Lakers aren't going to win all of the rest of their

games, now that "The Man" is back. Shaq played in

last night's defeat.

• Admin

I had a feeling that being around an old "rival" would cause hendu to step his game up and he did. There's not much to discuss. He didn't want to look like the soft game player that he's appeared to be the last few seasons around an old rival. It's good to see him playing like he is capable of. especially on a Non-conract season.

That and I think Dog motivates Hendu to a degree - he sung Alan's praises earlier in the year, probably giving Hendu (and continuing to) a decent amount of support.

Rivals their whole life yes, but Dog respects Hendu's game as well...and that's got to be good for one's confidence.